safe

Kind of short chapter but CUTE chapter. I'll make the next one longer I promise.

*****

"what the fuck" is all I had to say.

I quickly shut the door and walked back to the common room.

My brother? and Pansy? Having sex?

I mean I knew he liked her but I didn't expect him to sleep with my best friend.

I'm so dumb. That's exactly why they left together earlier.

The image came back to my head.

No. No way I did not just see that. YUCK. My eyes.

No way I' m sleeping in there tonight.

I went and sat on the couch and tilted my head back.

I heard footsteps and I just knew it was him. He's always popping up.

"Stella?" I heard Draco say.

"What do you want now? Are you gonna ask me to take my bottoms off too? Or both?" I snarled and rolled my eyes.

"I mean, only if you want" he said. I looked up only to see him smirking.

I scoffed and grabbed a pillow from the couch and threw it at him.

"In your dreams Draco." I said and laughed a little. Just a little.

"Yes. It is in my dreams." he laughed.

"Oh shut it." I said.

He walked over and sat next to me, our legs were practically touching.

"Why are you out here?" he questioned.

I wanted to forget our little bicker moment that happened like 5 minutes ago. So I decided to act how things used to be.

I turned towards him and sat with my legs crossed.

"You're never going to believe who I walked in on doing the deed." I said

"Pansy? he questioned

I nodded.

"And who?" he asked curiously.

"Leon" I said and made a disgusted face.

"Oh my god you walked in on your brother" he threw his head back and laughed.

I pushed his shoulder. "Stop it, it was disgusting" I tried not to laugh.

"Anyways, I'm not going back in there. I'll just sleep on the couch." I said and turned back to face forward.

"Like hell you are" "Just come stay in my room" Draco said.

"In your room? In the same bed?" I furrowed my brows.

"Well yeah? Where else?" he stood up.

He reached his hand out for me to grab.

"But people will think things Draco." I hesitated to grab his hand.

"Let them." he smirked. God that smirk got me every time.

"Fine."  I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand.

Truth is, I didn't care if people thought things. But I didn't know where my feelings stood, and I didn't know his, so I wasn't planning on doing anything tonight.

We walked in and I kicked my shoes off and began walking towards the bed.

"Not so fast." he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"You're not sleeping in my bed with his sweater." he raised his eyebrows.

"Dracooo" I said and looked down at the sweater. He tugged on it and brought me closer towards his chest.

"I'm serious, go change." He pointed to the bathroom.

"My sweater is on the counter" "Now go" he said and lightly pushed me towards the bathroom.

I walked in and sure enough his quidditch sweater was on the counter. It's like he knew I was gonna stay with him.

I changed and opened the door and peaked my head out.

His back was facing towards me. He pulled his shirt over his head. I gulped. I've never seen him shirtless.

He stood up straighter and his back muscles flexed. Oh my god. Has he always been this breathtaking?

He must have sensed I was standing there because he turned around and made eye contact with me.

"Like the show Stella?" he chuckled and threw on a black shirt.

"You honestly wish" I tried to say confidently.

"Mmm, I still see a little bit of drool" he said and pointed toward my mouth.

"Shut up" I said and walked over to the bed.

He had a huge bed, like 5 people could sleep in it and still have room to twist and turn.

I laid down and glanced over at him. He was already looking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." he smiled.

He turned off the light and turned his back towards me. The image of him shirtless came back to my mind.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

Images from last year during the Triwizard Tournament flooded my mind. I remembered Harry coming back to the field after going into the maze. He came back with Cedric.

I saw Cedric's still and lifeless body just lying there. I never saw a dead body before, surprisingly as that sounds.

It just kept replaying over and over in my head. I was having a nightmare.

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulders.

"Stella, wake up." it was Draco.

I sat up and realized my breathing was heavy. I had tears in my eyes. I was crying during my nightmare?

"I-" I tried to speak.

"Shh, it's okay Stella, come here." Draco said softly.

He pulled me close to him as he sat up. I laid my head on his chest while he wrapped his arms around me and I wrapped mine around him.

"I'm sorry for waking you" I said weakly.

"Stop apologizing Stella" "Close your eyes." He said softly again.

And I did. I closed my eyes and tried to fall back asleep.

He held me in his arms.

We held each other.

I felt safe.

I finally drifted back to sleep with a small smile on my face.

AWWW. I just wanted to give a quick little moment for our love birds. I wanna give Stella a nickname that only Draco calls her but I don't know what. Any ideas? Don't forget to hit the star <3 Maybe I'll spoil you guys and post again later tonight.

Do you guys prefer short chapters like this one or long chapters?

Also what the heck! Thank you for 1k reads you guys are incredible. 🥺