Chapter Thirty Eight: Godzilla vs Raven

"You must be Godzilla." Raven said.

"Some part of me suspected Ghidorah would send another assassin after me." Godzilla said, more to himself than to Raven. "Who are you?"

"You don't need to know that." Raven stated. "You'll be dead soon anyway."

"If I had a yen for every time I've heard those exact words..." Godzilla said. "Know this. You aren't the first he's sent to kill me. And I doubt you'll be the last. So I'll ask again; who are you?"

Raven was silent for a moment.

"Raven Branwen." She replied.

"Branwen? Qrow's sister?" Godzilla wondered.

Raven was surprised to hear the name of her brother, but quickly regained her composure.

"Where is Qrow, anyway?" She asked. "Probably drinking in a bar somewhere."

"You... you don't know, do you?" Penny asked.

"Know what?" Raven asked.

Godzilla sighed.

"Qrow perished during the Siege of Vale." He told her. "Along with other Huntsmen and Huntresses.... and civilians."

Raven stood stunned as the news hit her like a charging Boarbatusk.

"Qrow's... dead?" She repeated.

Godzilla nodded.

Raven stood still for a moment, before she drew her sword and pointed it at Godzilla.

"You killed him, didn't you?" She accused. "You Kaiju are all monsters! One of you killed my clan, and you killed by brother!"

Godzilla stared at Raven as she threw these accusations at him. It was nothing new to him. He'd been called far worse when he was younger.

"Godzilla and his friends saved Vale!" Penny rebuked. "The city was under heavy assault, and-"

"Shut. Up." Raven hissed. "I'm doing Remnant a favor by killing you... King of the Monsters."

"Penny. Go." Godzilla said. "Go find the others, and help them with Mechagodzilla's machines."

"But, you haven't fully recovered from your battle with Mechagodzilla." Penny protested.

"Perhaps." Godzilla replied. "But I've some fight left in me. Now go!"

Penny was about to say something, but reluctantly left her new companion to help Team RWBY and the other three Kaiju.

The two stared at each other, before Raven charged at her opponent, rage guiding her actions.

She brought her sword down upon Godzilla, but the Kaiju King caught the attack and threw her away from him.

Godzilla rushed Raven, pushing the Spring Maiden away from Pietro's grave and into a more open area.

Raven slashed Godzilla in the chest, which elicited a grunt of pain from the large Faunus, but also earned her a tail smack to the stomach.

Raven groaned a bit as she got back on her feet. Her mask had been knocked off as soon as the fight had started, revealing her hateful glare.

"You should calm down." Godzilla warned. "You can't win this fight."

"Not until you're dead at my feet, murderer!" Raven yelled, before she charged at Godzilla again.

-Meanwhile.-

Ruby and her team were fighting Atlesian Knights that were sweeping the city for organic life.

Under Mechagodzilla's control, these machines had already killed many people.