Chapter Eleven: All out Brawl

As the Grimm approached Vale, many people were running for shelter. As Team RWBY and any surviving Huntsmen and Huntresses guided the civilians to Beacon, Godzilla was making his way to his next opponent.

The problem was that there was a wall in his way, and he either had to go through it, or wait.

On one hand, if he waited, the Grimm would be inside the city.

On the other hand, if he smashed through it, the city would have no way to keep any Grimm out.

If he couldn't go through it, he would go above it.

Godzilla lowered his stance, then jumped.

He easily cleared the wall, and when he landed, the ground quaked underneath him.

The Grimm turned to face Godzilla, letting out a chattering roar when it saw him.

Godzilla snorted in slight amusement, before he slammed his tail on the ground in response.

Mothra turned to look at her old friend, knowing that a fight was about to begin.

Part of her wondered what the outcome would be.

In any case, the city needed protection, for as docile as Godzilla was towards people, in combat damage was going to be done, intentionally or not.

"What's the tallest point here?" She asked. "Beacon Tower. Why?" Qrow inquired. Mothra didn't answer, instead, she spread her wings and made her way to Beacon Tower.

After a few minutes, Mothra landed inside Ozpin's wrecked office. She gave the place a once over, before nodding to herself.

"Okay. I hope this works." She said to herself.

Closing her eyes, she began channeling the mana needed for her spell. Once she had enough, her eyes shot open.

The top of Beacon Tower was illuminated by bright rainbow light, as a golden sphere engulfed Vale.

The Grimm saw the barrier and growled in annoyance. It was soon reminded of Godzilla, by way of a tail to the face.

It hissed at the Kaiju, and fired two mock Gravity Beams at Godzilla.

Godzilla groaned as the attack hit him, but to the Grimm's surprise, he wasn't paralyzed.

His dorsal spines were now glowing, and after a moment, Godzilla fired his Heat Ray at the Grimm.

The beam sent his opponent flying back, since it had more force behind it than Rodan's Uranium Beam. As the Grimm got back on its feet, it realized that Godzilla was a different beast compared to Rodan.

It sneered at Godzilla as it took off, circling the King of the Monsters, as it did, Godzilla roared at it.

Though none but the other Kaiju could understand what he said, the Grimm's reaction was translation enough.

The Grimm's entire body started sparking, giving it an almost regal appearance.

Godzilla roared again, as the Grimm flew towards him. It started firing its Thuderbolts at Godzilla, though a lot hit him, some of the attacks hit Mothra's barrier.

The Monster Queen grunted as the attacks hit her shield, and grit her teeth as more hit it.

Godzilla groaned as the Grimm flew passed him. The Grimm not only had Ghidorah's scent, but also his tenacity as well.

The Grimm did another round of Thunderbolts, this time aiming for both Godzilla, and Vale.

That shield couldn't hold out indefinitely.

Godzilla weathered the attacks, but he could feel certain areas of his body starting to go numb.

Mothra strained against the onslaught, barely managing to keep the barrier up against this Hydra's attacks.

(Huh. Hydra. It fits.) She thought.

The Hydra circled back around and fired another barrage of Thuderbolts at Godzilla and Mothra's shield.

Godzilla fell to his knees this time, but a stray bolt glanced one of his spines, and a brief but noticeable power surge shot through his body.

This gave him an idea, and seeing as Mothra was by now on her last legs, he had to act on it.

As the Hydra flew past Vale, Godzilla grabbed it, stopping it in its tracks. All of Vale held their breath, as the city's fate was in the Monster King's hands.

The Hydra fired its Thunderbolts at Godzilla, a few hitting his spines which caused them to glow yellow instead of blue.

The Hydra soon felt its power surge leave it, and whatever it had felt before, it was replaced by fear.

Godzilla smirked at the Grimm, before firing the collected energy the Hydra had fired at him, at point blank range.

The Grimm felt as if its entire body was being torn apart by the attack, it roared in agony and after a few seconds, it exploded.

(The best end to a Ghidorah, well... second best now.)

Godzilla threw his head towards the sky and roared triumphantly, he then headed to the Emerald Forest to get Rodan.

Mothra lowered the barrier, then fell to her knees. She let out an exhausted sigh, as she smiled.

"We did it." She said. As the sun rose, ending what was a night of death and battle, Mothra felt her eyes getting heavy.

She couldn't remember when she last slept.

-Salem's Fortress.-

Watts was on his way to see King Ghidorah. Since Tyrian was dead, and Mercury had all but failed to return and is presumed dead, he had to give his master the bad news.

Ghidorah sat on his throne, as Watts entered. The bored expression he had turned into one of intrigue.

"Well?" He asked. "Did the creature succeed, Doctor?" Watts looked at his feet.

"Unfortunately my lord, the beast was slain by Godzilla. Vale still stands." He reported. Doctor Arthur Watts was expecting many reactions from Ghidorah, chief among them was rage.

What he did not expect was for the King of Terror to start laughing, as if Watts had told a joke he found funny.

"Heh, heh, heh. Even in these forms, my old rival is still at the top of his game." He said, more to himself than to Watts.

"Should we send another, sir?" He asked. Ghidorah shook his head.

"No. Let the fools enjoy this small victory. They have won the battle, but I will win the war." He replied. "In the meantime, I have a task for you Doctor."

"I am ready to serve, your Highness." Watts replied.

And that's a wrap. Sorry if this seemed shorter than the others. As always, comment, rate, and leave advise so I can improve. Next time, our ragtag group get some well earned rest, and travel back to Atlas!

(Volume 1, end.)