Chapter Fifty One: A Desperate Stand

Ghidorah roared as Hybrids swarmed into Vale, killing anyone that got in their way as they answered their master's call.

Ghidorah felt different. He was stronger, more powerful than ever. A smirk appeared on his face as he remembered what had happened.

Watts had fired the Oxygen Destroyer at his command, but the human had obviously wanted to kill both Kaiju with it. He would have to kill him later. Or not. After all, he would die along with this wretched planet.

Much as he enjoyed his creations, he would not miss them. In the end they were tools, for all there ferocity. And tools can be cast aside when they have no further use.

He extended his power over all of Remnant, creating destructive storms that would tear the planet's ecosystem apart.

"What's he doing?" Yang asked.

"Summoning the Apocalypse." Rodan replied. "He's creating cataclysmic storms that'll rip this world apart if they keep going."

"So... this is it?" Ruby asked, hopelessly. "This is the end?"

"No."

All present who heard that turned to see Godzilla standing in the doorway, still injured from the Oxygen Destroyer, but on his feet regardless.

"Godzilla!" Ruby exclaimed.

"Ghidorah's using his manipulation of gravity to generate these storms. If he dies, they'll disperse." Godzilla said. "The Atlas forces, along with Team RWBY will engage the Hybrids that are with Ghidorah."

"Godzilla, no." Mothra said firmly. "You're in no condition to fight, and you won't stand a chance against him now."

"Maybe on my own." He admitted. "But if we don't do something, we're all dead. Even your daughter."

Mothra's eyes widened at what Godzilla said.

"And if she dies, then death for you is gonna... stick." Godzilla added.

"Wait, I'm confused." Ruby said.

"Mothra's dying." Godzilla replied bluntly. "As life leaves her, her magic weakens as it's passed into her daughter. This is her cycle of reincarnation. And besides..."

Godzilla sighed.

"It's our fault that your world is now being destroyed." He said. "And though we Kaiju wanted to return to Earth, I've begun to grow fond of this one. So, I will fight for it. Until I can't anymore."

"We're gonna die." Muto said.

"Death claims us all, eventually." Godzilla replied.

"Alright." Ironwood said. "We can have soldiers in Vale as soon as possible. All hands! Prepare for combat! If we don't defeat King Ghidorah here, then we face extinction!"

Several shuttles were being loaded with troops as they got ready to fight for the planet itself.

RWBY said their well wishes to one another as they were split up, Ruby and Yang on one transport, and Weiss and Blake on another.

On top of the vessel, the Kaiju stood and looked at Ghidorah.

"Are you sure about this, boss?" Muto asked.

"No." Godzilla replied. "But we're doing it anyway."

"Well, as long as we're clear on it." Rodan added. "Here we go. Please remember to keep all arms and legs inside the ride at all times, and prepare for our likely next destination. Hell."

"Very funny." Muto deadpanned.

Mothra and Rodan carried Godzilla and Muto down to face Ghidorah as their human allies entered the city and began engaging the Hybrids.