Chapter Twenty Eight: The Siege of Vale Part Two

-Hey guys, Paarl here. Let me know if you guys want a spinoff series of The Gate that focuses on Gigan, because I feel like he may deserve his own story. That's all for now, enjoy the chapter.-

The Kingdom of Vale was currently in a panic, since a massive Grimm was now looming over the city.

Muto was pushing through the growing crowd as she tried to get to Beacon. So far though she was getting swamped.

At Beacon, Godzilla and company stared at this new threat. It was their first time seeing the Grimm Hybrid, but they could feel the murderous intent coming from it.

"That's the Crawler?" Rodan asked.

"It's far bigger than the reports said." Ironwood added.

Godzilla was silent. No words could describe what he was feeling right now.

Ruby was trying to hide herself from her very real nightmare as it looked over the city. Fear was currently ruling her actions and Weiss had no way of calming her down.

Suddenly Godzilla threw open the door, and entered the room. "You two. We need you." He said.

"NO!" Ruby screamed. "I-I'm not going out there! Not with that th-thing out there!"

Godzilla walked up to Ruby and grabbed her shoulder. "I know you're scared. But sometimes, to conquer our fears, we must face them." He said. "Come. This calm will not last."

Ruby and Weiss followed the Kaiju, though Ruby was reluctant to do so.

Team Godzilla stood in Vale's streets as the Huntsmen and Huntresses prepared for a siege, soon however, the Crawler made its move.

It started groaning as black globs fell from its body. A process that was seemingly very painful for the Hybrid.

These globs soon turned into smaller versions of the larger Crawler. These Crawlers were the size of a man, built like their parent... and they were hungry.

The large Crawler roared as the smaller Crawlers rushed the walls of Vale.

"Activate the defense grid!" Ironwood ordered.

The wall suddenly sprung to life, as turrets emerged from the top of them, and a Hardlight Dust shield surrounded the wall.

The turrets opened fire on the Crawlers, cutting scores of them down, but they only had so much ammo.

"The wall won't hold for long." Godzilla said. "Prepare for battle!"

The Huntsmen and Huntresses readied their weapons, as the Crawlers continued to rush the wall.

Mothra was in the back, readying her magic to support the warriors who were preparing for a battle many wouldn't survive.

Soon, the Crawlers made it to the wall, and began hurling themselves at it. As the turrets fired at them, the corpses piled on the wall which would act as a ladder for the rest of them.

Soon the front gate was blocked off by a mountain of Crawler corpses, as the turrets started to run out of ammo.

The Crawlers climbed the corpses of their dead, and made it over the wall. One of the Crawlers roared which caused Ruby to whimper in fear.

"HERE THEY COME!" Godzilla roared.

No sooner had he said this, the Crawlers jumped off the wall and into Vale.

Godzilla loosed his Atomic Breath and incinerated a number of the Crawlers, as the Huntsmen fired their weapons at the Hybrids.

Many of the Crawlers were cut down, but they were quickly replaced by thousands more.