Chapter Forty Four: Godzilla vs Godzilla?

Mantle Harbor.-

True to his word, Ironwood had more than tripled the fleet protecting Mantle. He had also sent out a search party to look for Godzilla, who so far had eluded capture.

Many people across Remnant refused to believe that Godzilla would just simply start attacking their homes for no reason. After all, Godzilla may have been powerful enough to level an entire city if he so wished, but he wasn't King Ghidorah.

And the King of the Monsters certainly didn't just attack unprovoked.

Ironwood just sighed. A lot can change in three months. People, Grimm, even Kaiju. And thanks to recent events, Ironwood had learned his lesson.

The General was very suspicious of this so-called APEX Corporation, so much so that he petitioned the Council to contact the corporation's CEO.

The guy never returned the calls.

After that, he looked them up but found something... Curious.

It was like APEX wasn't a real company.

Ironwood sighed and rubbed his temples. Silently, he hoped the search team was having better luck than him.

-Somewhere in the ocean.-

Godzilla rested on the ocean floor. For four months, he was tracking Mechagodzilla. Now that he was getting closer, his mechanical lookalike had started building near human settlements.

It had certainly made him more popular, but for all the wrong reasons. He regretted killing the people inside or near the building, but he wasn't a fool. It was his fault, and he didn't even try to say otherwise.

And then there was the noise.

That infernal noise that sounded like gears pounding on a reactor. When it sounded, it threw him into a fit of rage!

When it stopped, he calmed down. Only to bear witness to his horror, the damage he caused. The humans and Faunus he killed.

Though it wasn't just the noise that enraged him.

Ruby still hadn't woken up yet, and he was starting to lose hope. During the early day before current events, he started working on Crescent Rose, trying to repair the weapon.

Having almost no understanding on weaponsmithing, he had to take a crash course on the subject.

He did a rather good job as well. After a month of fixing the thing, he finally finished it.

It stung at his heart to think he repaired Crescent Rose just to place it on Ruby's grave.

His thoughts were interrupted by the noise that had started drive him to rage.

Godzilla started thrashing around, grabbing his head and covering his ears, trying to block the noise out.

It didn't work. It never worked.

Godzilla's eyes started glowing as his body was enveloped by his Aura and he started moving towards the source of that wretched noise.

And it was moving too.

Nearby, the search team swept the ocean for Godzilla. With little success.

"We're wasting our time." One of the soldiers said. "Four days searching this sector top to bottom, and we still haven't found Godzilla."

"Three ships went missing here a few weeks ago." The navigator said. "Somethin' happened to 'em."

"Could mean anything." The soldier replied.