Chapter Twenty one: From Bad

-Vale.-

A cloaked figure walked through the streets of Vale, asking around about Godzilla and his friends.

Her inquiries had been answered with mixed answers, but all had a generally positive view on the Guardian of Vale.

As the woman turned into an alley, she removed her hood.

Salem sighed as she gazed at Beacon. Once, she commanded the Grimm hordes, and forced particularly stubborn mortals to serve her.

Now though, the role of the oppressed was hers, and with her magic all but drained there was nothing she could do to stop King Ghidorah.

For the first time, Salem, the Queen of Darkness, was helpless.

She needed to find Godzilla, she needed to warn him of Ghidorah's plan.

-A few weeks ago.-

Watts and Salem had talked for a small while, and while Watts was tending to his mistress, he couldn't help but see her in a different light.

This wasn't the Salem he had met all those years ago.

Her fight with Ghidorah hadn't just weakened her, she had been humbled by her defeat at the hand of the monster from another world.

She, an immortal being, had been thoroughly beaten by a creature that craved destruction.

It was an eye opener for Salem, and proof that she was not unbeatable.

A loud crash broke the silence the two had, and was replaced by a sense of dread.

Heavy footsteps were heard outside, then ceased. And three loud knocks sounded on the door of Salem's little abode.

"I know you're in there, Doctor!" A familiar voice shouted. "Come out, and maybe I won't level this... hut."

"Ghidorah." Watts said. Salem looked at Watts, worry evident in her eyes. Watts stood up and approached the door.

Before he could open it, he heard "On second thought." Before the door was blasted open, sending Watts flying back.

Ghidorah entered the dwelling and spotted Salem. "So, this is where you went." Ghidorah said, before back handing her away. Watts tried to attack him, but Ghidorah grabbed the Doctor by the throat and lifted up at eye level.

Ghidorah held him by his shirt collar, and just glared at him. Watts unconsciously held his breath.

"Do it, then." He said. "Kill me. That's what you came here for, right?" Ghidorah smirked, then dropped Watts.

"Tsk tsk, Doctor. Why waste such a valuable asset, when I still have a use for you?" He replied. Watts looked at the King of Terror with disbelief and surprise.

Ghidorah put his hand on Watts' shoulder, then sank his claws into it. His smirk faded and was replaced by a malign snarl.

"Don't get any false hope from my sudden outburst of generosity, human." He said, with an edge in his voice. "You live until you stop being useful, after that... Well, I trust you know." Ghidorah removed his hand from Watts' shoulder and the Doctor fell to his knees.

Truly, this was a fate worse than death.

Ghidorah looked at Watts then Salem, who was gone. "Hmph. She ran. As cowards often do." He scoffed. Watts clenched his fists, but held his tongue, he may have been smart, but he wasn't crazy.

He knew how dangerous Ghidorah was.

"Now then, Doctor. I understand you were a... Well renowned technologist at one point." Ghidorah said. "How are you at creating rockets?"

Dun dun duuuuunnnn! Ghidorah has found Watts and Salem is looking for Godzilla. I doubt she'll be well received by Ozpin and everyone else who knows her. As always, comment, rate, and leave advice so I can improve. Coming up, a new Grimm Hybrid is about to show itself!