Chapter Thirty Three: Trust Lost

-Mechagodzilla Hanger Bay.-

Mechagodzilla landed in its hanger then deactivated for maintenance. Aside from some superficial damage, it was relatively unscathed.

Smoke was currently billowing from its chest, which was an indicator that its Plasma Cannon was overheated.

"What happened?" Yin asked.

"Must have overheated, sir. Looks like the sinks got cooked." A technician replied. "With respect, this weapon never got out of the prototype phase. This was bound to happen."

"That's what this test was for." Yin rebuked. "Can we fine tune the Plasma Cannon to fire more than one shot before it overheats?"

"It'll take time, but yeah." The technician replied.

"Alright, get to it." Yin replied. "I'll contact General Ironwood."

You entered his office and activated a hologram projector. Soon Ironwood appeared on it.

[How did the test go?] Ironwood asked.

"All-in-all it was a success. The Plasma Cannon overheated, but with some maintenance Mechagodzilla will be up and running in no time." Yin reported. "I have to ask, General. Why did you want this thing built in the first place?"

Ironwood didn't answer.

"Wow, the Silent Treatment?" Yin asked. "You could just 'none of your business' and I'd stop asking."

[How soon can the Plasma Cannon be returned to functional status?] Ironwood asked.

Yin sighed. (Aaaand he's dodging the question.) He thought. "At least a few weeks. We need to fine tune the weapon system and add some new heat sinks, but it shouldn't take too-" He began.

[Mechagodzilla has to be fully operational by tomorrow.] Ironwood interrupted.

"Okay, first of all; don't interrupt me again." Yin hissed. "Second of all; WHAT!? We're not robots James, we can't finish what we need to do in twelve hours!"

[Yin, the Siege of Vale was proof enough that the Kaiju can't protect everyone. The repairs must be finished by tomorrow before another-] Ironwood began.

"No, James. The repairs will be finished in a few weeks!" Yin said with pointed anger. "Until then, you'll just have to make do with Godzilla and his allies."

Yin deactivated the projector before Ironwood could say anything else.

Idiot." He said to himself. "If we rush the process, who knows what could happen."

Meanwhile, Ironwood threw his canteen away in a fit of rage. After being essentially hung up on by Yin, he was not exactly pleased.

"Damn him." Ironwood muttered. "He wasn't here. He didn't see countless soldiers die fighting an enemy we could never beat on our own. We need Mechagodzilla ready now! It's the only way that we can survive... no matter the cost."

-One Day Later.-

A proximity alarm triggered as a new Hybrid approached Mantle. The Hybrid was codenamed, Behemoth, and resembled Godzilla if he was in the shape of a dinosaur. (Basically it looks like Zilla.)

Missiles collided with the Behemoth's hide, but other than annoy it no lasting damage was done.

"No effect!" A technician yelled.

"DAMN IT!" Yin shouted. "Do we have anything else!?"

"No sir!" A soldier said.

"Sir, it's Ironwood!" An engineer added.