Chapter Twelve: The Calm

-Beacon. Two hours after the Battle of Vale.-

Godzilla roamed the empty halls of Beacon, wondering what the school was like when it had students.

He managed to get Rodan back inside the city, and thankfully the dinosaur had recovered from his paralysis. Though his wings were still stiff.

As the Monster King continued his trek down the halls, he began to think of the repercussions of his actions. Remnant now knew what he and his fellow Kaiju were, and not all would be as understanding as Qrow, and Team RWBY.

And despite the group's best efforts, lives were lost. But Godzilla had expected there to be casualties, both civilian and Huntsmen. He knew better than that.

The death of his old friend Anguirus was reminder enough.

Godzilla grimaced at the memory of his friend. He told Godzilla to run, to live to fight another day, sacrificing himself to save the King of Monsters.

"What would you say to something like this, Anguirus?" He wondered aloud.

Godzilla sighed as a single tear fell to the ground. He sighed and resumed his wandering.

He didn't show others this, but alone Godzilla sometimes let his emotions show.

Only two Kaiju had seen him like this. Mothra and Anguirus.

It was a rare moment of weakness, one he never showed other Kaiju, for obvious reasons.

Godzilla came to where Mothra was sleeping, and opened the door to see her.

Mothra was fast asleep, and light snoring could be heard coming from her. Godzilla smiled, and sat down in a chair by the room's window.

"Thought you'd be here." Qrow said. Godzilla turned to face the old Huntsman, and nodded in greeting.

Godzilla looked at Mothra again and let a small smile cross his face.

"How are the others?" He asked. Qrow grabbed a stool and sat down, he looked out the window and at the shattered moon.

"They're doing fine." He said. "You know, you guys managed to save a lot of lives last night. Not many people would do that for complete strangers."

Godzilla chuckled. "No. I suppose not." He replied. "But there are those who didn't make it through the night."

Qrow nodded. "Yeah. A lot of widows and orphans out there now. We lost good Huntsmen and Huntresses as well." He added solemnly. Godzilla nodded.

"It's hard enough fighting a war, but it's worse knowing that, no matter how hard you try... you can't save everyone." He said. "I know that better than most."

Qrow sighed, knowing the feeling of losing someone he cared about.

"Well. I'm headed to bed." He said as he stood up. "By the way, we're headed back to Atlas to talk to General Ironwood. I think you and your pals should tag along." Godzilla nodded, and Qrow then left for his room.

Godzilla didn't know how long he sat there, but about an hour later, he started drifting to the dream world. He expected to be haunted by old ghosts, but for the first time in awhile, he had pleasant dreams.

I think after the last few chapters, our heroes needed a break. As always, comment, rate, and leave advise so I can improve. See you guys in the next one!