Chapter Thirty Nine: Sky Chase

-Mantle HQ. A few hours earlier.-

Atlesian Knights were marching through the hall of Atlas's HQ in Mantle. The halls were littered with dead bodies, consisting of the team members who put Mechagodzilla together, and armed guards.

All of them had been cut down in moments.

The robots started entering fighters and transports. It was time to leave this place.

Mechagodzilla started opening the hanger doors, as well as activating the base's self destruct sequence.

Nothing would remain when it, and its mechanized minions left the building, and the Kingdom.

After all the preparations were complete, Mechagodzilla ordered it's minions to take off with it in an escort formation.

As it took off, the entire base started exploding, the blast burying the human remains.

After a few more minutes, Mantle HQ was little more than rubble.

Meanwhile, the explosion drew Team Godzilla's attention, and the King of Monsters spotted his metal copy flying away with it's robot servants.

"Mechagodzilla." Godzilla said.

Mantle HQ just blew up!" Weiss exclaimed. "All the people in there..."

Ruby looked at the fireball, as Mechagodzilla flew away from Mantle.

"Rodan!" Godzilla began. "Get after that thing! We can't let it get away!"

"Got it." Rodan replied.

Rodan spread his wings and took off after Mechagodzilla.

"What about this lady?" Muto asked.

"That lady is my mom, ya know!" Yang replied incredulously.

"The question isn't an unfair one to ask." Mothra added. "She's proven to be hostile towards us. I'm sorry, Yang. But safety must be considered."

"We'll take her to the base. But we need to bind her first." Godzilla stated.

Yang was about to protest, when Ruby stepped in.

"Just until we know she won't attack the Kaiju." She said reassuringly. "I don't know Raven that well, but..."

Yang sighed. She'd never admit it but she honestly knew very little about her own mother as well.

And it wasn't an unfair condition.

"Alright..." Yang conceded.

Meanwhile, a few hundred miles away from Mantle, Rodan was in pursuit of Mechagodzilla and it's servants.

He started glowing red as he began to transform into his Kaiju form.

Mechagodzilla continued to fly to wherever it was trying to go, not noticing the red light under the clouds behind it.

Suddenly, Rodan burst from the clouds screeching. His horns started glowing, as he fired his Uranium Beam, hitting Mechagodzilla.

Now aware of its pursuer, Mechagodzilla ordered its Knights to engage the Fire Demon.

Rodan saw the aircraft perform a turn that would knock out a human pilot from g-force alone.

As the craft fired at him, the rounds just bounced of Rodan's scales.

Rodan flapped his wings causing a shockwave to destroy a good few of the aircraft, while also gaining altitude.

Mechagodzilla could tell the Kaiju was above, and accelerated.

Rodan dove at Mechagodzilla, but just grabbed two fighters. Not missing a beat, he crushed one of them in his talons, and bit off the cockpit of the other, before throwing both onto the ground below.

As he regained altitude, his horns ignited and he fired another Uranium Beam at Mechagodzilla, this time hitting its left leg.

Mechagodzilla ordered all of its remaining escort to engage Rodan. An order they obeyed.

Rodan just fired another Uranium Beam at Mechagodzilla, destroying a number of aircraft that were caught in the attack.

One of Mechagodzilla's back thrusters was hit by the attack, damaging it severely.

The remaining aircraft all fired at Rodan, not doing much aside from annoying the Kaiju.

Deciding that enough was enough, Rodan started spinning, tucking his wings to his side in a barrel roll of destruction.

Every single craft was hit by this attack, the impact of hitting the wings causing the steel to bend and rupture.

Rodan landed on the ground for a brief moment, causing flames to erupt from his landing, and once more when he launched himself back into the air.

Mechagodzilla was now trying to lose the Kaiju on its tail, scanning the surrounding area for any sort of advantage.

Rodan unleashed another Uranium Beam at Mechagodzilla that hit it's right arm.

Mechagodzilla soon spotted a ridge that looked like it would crumble at any second.

It flew towards it, with Rodan following it.

Mechagodzilla fired its Plasma Breath at the ridge, giving itself just enough time to slip through the crumbling arch.

Rodan however had to break off or get crushed by the rubble.

As Rodan landed on a nearby mountain, he scanned the area for Mechagodzilla, but didn't find it. He let out a frustrated screech.

Mechagodzilla had gotten away.

And there we go! I'm sure it's obvious what inspired this chapter, but I hope you all enjoyed it all the same. As always, comment, rate, and leave advice so I can improve. See you guys in the next chapter! Have a good night guys.

(Here are some new songs for everyone.)

(Rodan.)

(Muto.)

(Mothra.)

(Godzilla.)

(King Ghidorah.)