Chapter Twenty Five: A Real Monster

-Clan Branwen Camp.-

Raven was going through the gear and money she and her clan had 'acquired' in the nearby village.

It wasn't much. If the villagers were going to be stingy with the protection fee, then they were on their own.

Her clan could always get up and leave.

One of her men threw the door open, panting for breath.

"Chief! We got a problem!" He exclaimed.

Raven turned around, slightly annoyed that the guy just barged into HER HOUSE. But the look of fear he had at the moment wasn't hard to miss.

"What happened?" She asked. "It's the village. It's under attack, and our guys are getting slaughtered by one of those Kaiju!" The man panted.

Raven grabbed her mask and her sword, and used the latter to open a portal to the village.

-Outback Village.-

Ghidorah threw the lifeless corpse of a bandit to the ground, a bored expression on his face. He expected more from these supposedly 'well trained ruffians' as the elder of this graveyard of a village called them.

The remaining Branwen bandits stood quivering in fear, either too scared to move, or too dumb.

Ghidorah fired his Gravity Beams at the bandits, and while some had gathered themselves enough to move, the rest weren't so lucky as the attacks tore through them like a hot knife through butter.

Ghidorah was about to finish the job, but a portal opened behind him. This caused the survivors to start cheering.

Now that their chief was here, this thing was done for!

Ghidorah calmly turned to face this new annoyance, seeing a masked woman stand before him blade in hand.

"Another victim. Welcome to Hell." Ghidorah said, coolly.

Raven looked around her and saw only horror and death. The villagers were dead, and most of her men were also dead.

She couldn't let all of this go unpunished.

"I've met thousands of monsters in my life, and I've slain them all. But you... You're the first one to truly anger me. Who are you?" Raven spat.

Ghidorah smirked at her. "I am King Ghidorah. King of Terror and the Destroyer of Worlds!" He boasted. "What do I have to fear from a mere human like you?"

Raven pointed her sword at the Kaiju. "I've killed hundreds of monsters like you." She said.

Ghidorah simply laughed at her claim. "There are no monsters like me." He retorted. "You've killed Grimm perhaps, but you have never faced a REAL monster."

The two then rushed each other and clashed.

-Team RWBY Dorm.-

Ruby awoke screaming bloody murder, Which in turn woke up Weiss.

"Ruby! Ruby, it's okay, it's okay. You're safe. I promise." She said, trying to comfort her distraught leader.

Ruby hugged Weiss tightly and started sobbing. "I saw his face." She said moments later, her voice no higher than a whisper. "He told me I left him behind."

Weiss removed herself from Ruby and looked at her in the eyes. "Listen to me. There was nothing you could do in that moment. Don't ever say you left him behind again. Don't do that to yourself..." She said.

Ruby sniffled and nodded, giving her friend the best smile she could at the moment.

Without really thinking, Weiss leaned forward and gave Ruby a small kiss on the cheek, which caused Ruby to blush.

"Well, I better get going." Weiss said. "Yang and Blake are going out on patrol here soon."

Ruby grabbed Weiss's hand. "Please don't leave." She said.

Weiss looked at Ruby, then nodded. "I'm not going anywhere." She said. The two then fell asleep in each other's company, not knowing what Weiss's little act had sparked.

-Outback Village, several minutes later.-

Raven fell to her knees as her Aura and Maiden Powers failed her. The bandits stared in shock as their leader had been brought to her knees.

Ghidorah wiped his mouth, blood being smeared on his hand as he smirked. "Like I said, you've never fought a real monster before." He said. "Though, you have impressed me. And I may have a small use for you."

Raven spat at Ghidorah in defiance, which only amused the Kaiju. "Never." She huffed.

Ghidorah smirked. "I was hoping you'd say that." He said evilly. "Watch, Miss Branwen as I take from you that which you value most."

Ghidorah chittered at some Grimm, and suddenly, the beasts rushed the last members of Raven's tribe.

Ghidorah stepped on Raven's back, immobilizing her. Forcing her to watch as the Grimm tore her men... Her family apart.

The screams only died moments later, and was replaced by Raven's sobbing and flesh being torn from bone.

Only when she was truly gripped by despair and loss did Ghidorah remove his foot. He kneeled down and grabbed Raven by the chin, forcing her to look him in the eye.

"You're...a monster..." Raven said through ragged breath. "I know." Ghidorah replied calmly.

Damn... that sucks for Raven. I hope you guys enjoyed this, admittedly dark chapter. As always, comment, rate, and leave advice so I can improve. Have a good night.

P.S. Yes, I ship Whiterose and Bumblebee. And, let's face it, Rooster Teeth does too, even if they won't admit it.