Chapter Thirteen: Before the Storm

-Mantle. Two days after the Battle of Vale.-

Mantle had always had the short end of the proverbial stick when it came to defense and management, but since the Fall of Beacon it had gotten worse.

At least that's what Watts observed as he passed through the city.

Usually, he would've had Hazel, Mercury, or even Tyrian come with him. But King Ghidorah's zero tolerance policy when it came to failure had seen them all meet their ends.

Well that, and the Kaiju was a sociopath with a titanic score to settle.

He felt shivers travel down his spine as he remembered his orders from Ghidorah.

-Ghidorah's Fortress. 48 hours ago.-

"From what our scouts tell me, there's a city in the skies that looms over another. Do you know of them?" Ghidorah asked.

Watts nodded. "Yes. Atlas and Mantle. Though Mantle has always been... neglected." He replied. Ghidorah smirked.

"Then that's where you're going Doctor. No doubt Godzilla and his band of fools will head there next. And when they arrive, we will be waiting for them."

Watts stood up and turned to leave.

"And Doctor." Ghidorah added. "I doubt I need to remind you of the price of failure."

-Mantle. Present day.-

(I know it all to well.) Watts thought. He continued his trek towards his safe house, if he looked up however, he would've seen the bullhead that passed over him and headed straight for Atlas.

How Godzilla and the other Kaiju got talked into riding in an aerial transport he couldn't say, but he wasn't enjoying the experience.

The Kaiju felt trapped, squeezed together, and almost felt like they were suffocating.

Their discomfort was not unnoticed by Team RWBY and Qrow.

"You guys look about ready to pass out." Qrow remarked. Godzilla looked at the old Huntsman and grimaced.

"As you know, we're much bigger than this." He replied. "So yes, we're a bit claustrophobic right now!"

After ten minutes of flying and uncomfortable groans, the bullhead landed in Atlas.

The Kaiju all rushed out of the vehicle, and seemed to be reinvigorated.

"I'm never getting in one of those things again!" Rodan squawked. Muto was busy kissing the ground, but her silence was reply enough.

Mothra looked at the building in front of the group. To say it was big was a massive understatement, and though Godzilla told her of his... bout with the late Cinder, that was in the city.

"So, is this the academy in Atlas?" She asked. "It's... much bigger than I thought it would be." Godzilla took in the scenery, noting how alien Atlas seemed.

"Hmm. The architecture of this place would make the Bilusaludo green with envy." He remarked. "It's nothing if not impressive."

"Atlas is known for its state of the art technology." Weiss added. Godzilla snorted at the mention of technology.

"Okay, but how is this island floating? The weight of the land alone is enough to rule out thrusters." Muto interjected.

"Would you believe that it's held up by magic?" A voice asked. The group turned, and were met by Winter Schnee, and General James Ironwood.

"It wouldn't surprise me." Godzilla answered. "And, you are..?"

"General Ironwood. This is Winter." Ironwood answered. "You must be Godzilla. Word has it, that you and others like you managed to save Vale."

Godzilla nodded, then turned to face Team RWBY.

"We didn't do it alone. We had help, from some brave warriors." He replied. Ironwood gave a knowing smile, then turned around.

"Come with me." He said. The group followed the general into the building, and even though it was a school, to Godzilla it seemed built like a military camp.

Meanwhile in Mantle, Watts managed to acquire a bullhead. Of course, the pilot was killed by him, at the moment he couldn't afford witnesses.

Thankfully, he knew how to pilot the aircraft and he steered it towards Atlas.

However, he soon came to the conclusion that even if he did what Ghidorah asked of him to the letter, the grim truth was that the Kaiju was as mercurial as water.

He turned the bullhead around, and left Atlas, and his mission behind.

However, unbeknownst to the scientist, Ghidorah had seen what he did, and was less than pleased.

"If you want something done right..." the King of Terror growled. He stood up from his throne, and spread his wings.

"Fine. I'll do it myself." King Ghidorah said. And with a mighty flap, he took to the skies and sped towards Atlas.

That was his destination, and his target, was Godzilla.

Another short one. I didn't want to hop immediately back to the action, but I hope you enjoyed it. As always, comment, rate, and leave advise so I can improve. Next chapter out soon!