Chapter Sixty-Two: A God And His Devil

A month had passed since Godzilla defeated Destoroyah, but the King of the Monsters was anything but relaxed. Every fiber of his being told him that the Oxygen Destroyer Fiend had survived their skirmish and would return after it licked its wounds.

Mothra had entered her cocoon and was in the process of entering her imago stage, and fully maturing.

But Destoroyah was the least of Godzilla's worries right now. The Hybrid had grown bold with Ghidorah's return, and although their creator was now long dead, they still fought for him.

Godzilla and his Grimm quelled the Hybrid when they could, but the Guardian of Atlantis couldn't be everywhere at once.

It was because of this that he accepted, albeit very reluctantly, to allow Ironwood to repair Kiryu, now fully compatible with Penny's central processors and outfitted with a Hyper Mazer instead of Absolute Zero.

Thanks to it and Godzilla, the Hybrids were becoming less of a problem, though a problem they remained. Ghidorah's 'gift' to Remnant.

"Godzilla?" Ruby asked. "Battra wanted to speak to you."

"Right." He grunted. "How's my son doing?"

"Growing." Ruby replied. "Honestly, I think he's in his teens already. Is that level of growth normal?"

"We're Kaiju, Ruby. Normal is something we're not." Godzilla chuckled. "As for your question, yes it is. I'm not going to be around forever, Ruby. Even I will die of old age eventually. Kaiju lifespans are much longer than a human's. And... We will outlive you and your team."

"That may be, but that just means you have to enjoy the time you have with us." Ruby answered. "Becides. Life isn't worth living without friends by your side, and the people you love waiting for you as well."

Godzilla just smiled.

"Yes. You're right." He said. "I need to speak to Battra. Oh. Has Weiss woken up, yet?"

"No..." Ruby replied sadly. "I'm starting to worry she might not..."

"She's strong, Ruby. She'll pull through." Godzilla reassured.

Ruby smiled and nodded as Godzilla began to walk past her to meet Battra.

-Later.-

"I've flown over every part of Muto's old terrain. No sign of Destoroyah." Rodan said.

"Nothing in Vacuo either." Battra added. "Wherever it is, it's hidden itself well."

"Indeed." Godzilla replied with a sigh. "Keep looking. It'll turn up eventually. I'll have the Grimm aid you this time."

Rodan looked at Godzilla and smirked.

"Fatherhood's kinda softened you up, Big G." He teased.

This earned him a slight glare from his alpha, but little else.

"Destoroyah isn't like anything we've fought before. Be vigilant, and very careful." Godzilla said.

-Salem's Castle Ruins.-

Destoroyah had journeyed far from its old lair, deeming it no longer safe since the other Kaiju were looking for it. It seethed at the defeat it suffered at Godzilla's hands, but knew it was still not ready for him. Not yet, at least.

Looking around, it realized it was just a touch surrounded by Hybrids, all looking at it with hunger in their eyes. Destoroyah looked around, seeing millions of them.

Millions of potential biomass to consume.

Destoroyah roared at the Hybrids which roared back. Knowing that they weren't going to back down, Destoroyah fired its Oxygen Destroyer Beam and vaporized a Crawler, feeding on the gas its flesh and organs turned into.

Destoroyah groaned as it used the biomass it just ate to create another Destoroyah in a few seconds. The two Destoroyahs looked at the Hybrids, then began to slaughter them all, feeding and creating more Destoroyahs to regain its strength.

Within a few short hours, Destoroyah had created more than half of what Godzilla incinerated, and within a few days, it had its numbers restored.

A Hydra landed in front of the army of Kaiju and roared at it, who in turn started climbing onto each other, creating their giant form.

Destoroyah roared at the Hydra and ignited its horn and swung it to cut the beast in two like it had Ghidorah.

The Hydra dodged the attack, and fired its Lightning Breath at the Oxygen Destroyer Fiend, who simply shrugged the attack off and spread its wings and shot towards the Hybrid and sent it crashing to the ground.

The Hydra roared in pain, but fired its breath attack off again.

Destoroyah just bullrushed through the attack and landed on top of the Hydra, which let out a cacophony of pained roars, before Destoroyah silenced it with a single swipe of its Energy Horn, cutting off all three of its heads.

Destoroyah roared in triumph, before flying off towards the nearest city. That being, New Menagerie.

Every God has their devil, and Destoroyah is a very persistent devil, I think we can all agree. Sorry for taking so long to come back to this story, but it's back. The next few chapters will be the last as it's starting to get wrapped up, but! Don't worry. Gigan's story will resume at some point, and Monster X will also get his own, and Battra will as well to explain how he got to Remnant. Until then, comment, rate, and leave advice so I can improve. See you all in the next one. Have a good night, guys.