Chapter Twenty Two: To Worse

-Emerald Forest.-

A small patrol of Atlesian soldiers explored the Emerald Forest, making the rounds. After the Battle of Vale, which brought to light the existence of Kaiju and Grimm Hybrids, no one wanted to take chances.

"So, why are we out here again?" One of the soldiers asked. His partner sighed.

"Because Ironwood ordered us to, Jenkins. Something about finding one of those, Grimm Hybrids or something." He replied. Jenkins held his hands up in conceit before the two headed deeper into the forest.

After an hour of moving through the forest, the two decided to rest for a moment, none the wiser of a pair of hungry blood red eyes watching them.

"So, what did you think of Godzilla and his allies." Jenkins asked. His partner shrugged. "Honestly? I think he's hiding something. Probably planning to kill us all like that three headed bastard Ghidorah." He replied.

"Come on, enough with the paranoia, Chad. You think that about everyone." Jenkins said. "Besides, General Ironwood personally said that Godzilla fought off Ghidorah, hell he even saved Mantle in the process." Chad grit his teeth.

"But he couldn't save Atlas, could he? Or Lieutenant Schnee." He countered. Jenkins sighed. "You can't blame Winter's death on him." He rebuked.

"If not him, then who!? Who am I gonna blame, smart guy!?" Chad yelled. "How about the monster that ate her?" Jenkins retorted. "Ghidorah."

Chad was about to say something, then sighed. "We should contact Ironwood." He said. He was still mad that Jenkins was right.

Jenkins grabbed his radio, then spotted something. "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?" He shouted. Chad looked behind him to see a Grimm Hybrid, who roared at them.

Jenkins and Chad fired their guns at the Hybrid, but it dodged the shots and ran into the forest.

"After it!" Chad ordered. The two ran into the forest, but happened upon a crossroads. Jenkins and Chad exchanged glances before nodding and split up.

Chad looked at the trees in case the Hybrid was lurking in them. It looked like a snake with two very strong forelimbs, with a face that looked like a skull.

As he looked around, something dropped down in front of him, which made him point his gun at it.

As it turned out, he was startled by a squirrel.

He sighed in annoyance before he heard a growl above him. He looked up, and was face to face with the Hybrid.

Jenkins had no luck finding the Hybrid, but when he hadn't heard the all clear from Chad, he got worried.

Jenkins followed his partner's footprints, keeping his firearm trained on the trees and the ground.

As he continued moving, his foot hit something. Jenkins looked down, and saw Chad's rifle, and spent casings all around it.

Something wet hit his head, and when touched it, he saw it was blood.

Another drop hit the ground, causing Jenkins to look up. He was shaking now, fear starting to get to him.

When he looked up in the trees, he found the mangled, tattered carcass of his partner, wearing a expression of terror and agony, like he had been eaten alive.

"C-Chad?" Jenkins stammered out. A loud snap caught his attention, and the Hybrid pounced at him.

There was the sound of gunfire briefly, but it was soon replaced by the sound of tearing flesh and agonizing screams, before silence engulfed the Emerald Forest.

A new Grimm Hybrid has arrived. This one is called a Crawler, modelled after and inspired by the Skull Crawlers from Kong Skull Island. It has a nasty habit of eating it's victims alive among other things. As always though, comment, rate, and leave advise so I can improve. Next chapter out soon. Stay safe out there.