Chapter Twenty: The War Begins

-Beacon infirmary.-

Ruby stirred as she regained consciousness. She felt a throbbing sensation in her arm, but it was dulling thanks to her Aura.

She sat herself up slowly and looked at her surroundings. She was in Beacon's infirmary.

Ruby continued looking around until her eyes fell on her sleeping sister Yang.

She put her good hand on Yang's which caused her to snort before her big sister woke up.

Upon seeing Ruby awake, Yang wrapped her arm around her sister's neck.

"Ruby! Thank God, you're awake!" She said happily. Ruby tapped Yang on the shoulder, before wincing. "Yang... ow." She rasped.

Yang let go of her sister and chuckled. Ruby looked around. "How did we get back to Beacon?" She asked. Her eyes widened in horror as she remembered what had happened. "Ghidorah! What happened!?"

"After the Atlesian fleet showed up, he just bailed. But, that was three days ago, Rubes." Yang told her. Ruby's eyes widened. "I was... out cold for three days?" She muttered.

The two made their way to Goodwitch's class and saw Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, Muto and their friends standing over a holomap.

"How are you feeling?" Godzilla asked. Ruby groaned as she rubbed the back of her neck. "Like a practice dummy." She replied.

Godzilla grunted in acknowledgement, and went to grab something.

It was the head and firing chamber of Crecsent Rose.

"This was all I could find." He said. "The rest is gone." Ruby smiled as she held her weapon. Well, what was left of it. "Thank you! The blade needs repaired, but it's still serviceable! Which means I don't have to remake it from scratch!"

Mothra smiled at Ruby's excitement. A bit of joy was what everyone needed right now, and the entire room felt more vibrant thanks to Godzilla's act of kindness.

Ruby turned to Weiss and her smile faded. "Weiss..." She said. "I'm so sorry about Winter..." Weiss sniffled a bit, then hugged Ruby tightly. "Don't scare me like that again, you dolt..." she said shakily.

Ruby returned the gesture, and turned to the group. They all knew what needed to be done.

King Ghidorah needed to be found, and stopped.

-The Deadlands.-

Ghidorah roared in rage as he fired a Gravity Beam at a boulder. "GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!" He roared. "I had my true form! I had my full power! But now it's GONE!"

As he calmed himself down, he started thinking. "Hmm. If I can transform into my true self with this 'Aura' then perhaps there's a way to make the effect last indefinitely." He muttered. A cruel smirk crossed his face.

"I may have a use for the good Doctor yet." Ghidorah spread his wings and flew to where Arthur Watts had flown to.

It was not time to kill the doctor just yet.

A short chapter, but a much needed break from the action. As always, comment, rate, and leave advice so I can improve. Stay healthy guys, next chapter out soon.

(A song I thought fit team Godzilla.)