Chapter Fifty-Seven: Joy and Tragedy

-The Emerald Forest.-

Ruby moved through the dense forest undergrowth and was heading to Godzilla's lair. It was a large cave that used to belong to a Death Stinger Grimm, until Teams RWBY and JNPR killed it.

The forest was clear for a ways, but Ruby was ready for a Hybrid or stray Grimm to pounce her. These days, nothing could surprise her.

Well, almost nothing.

A low squeak from behind the Beacon Headmistress caused her to squeal and whirl around on Godzilla Junior, who looked very pleased with himself for startling her.

"Junior." Ruby said after calming herself. "I'm gonna get you back for that, you know."

Junior let out a low trill in response.

"Heh. You've certainly grown." She said smiling.

Junior squeaked.

The surrounding greenery began rustling and Ruby looked around, before she heard a familiar trill.

She looked around before gasping in shock as she saw Mothra looking at her.

"M... Mothra?" She whispered, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. "Is that... Really you?"

Mothra nodded with a small chirp, lowering herself to look at Ruby. Ruby touched Mothra and let out a chuckle as tears of joy now fell freely.

"She hatched a few days ago." A voice said.

Ruby looked up and saw Godzilla, who then transformed into his Faunus form.

"Konichiwa, Ruby-san." Godzilla said. "How have you been?"

Ruby sniffed as she wiped her tears from her face.

"Busy." She replied. "It's nice to see you again, Godzilla. You too, Junior. I just... wish it were under better circumstances."

"Indeed." Godzilla replied. "I feel how disturbed the air has become recently. The stench of death is heavy."

"Yeah. A lot of people have been murdered by something." Ruby replied. "We don't know much, but the victims all had one thing in common. Their bones were all that remained. It's like they were killed by a weaponized version of-"

"The Oxygen Destroyer." Godzilla finished. "So, his memories weren't false."

"Memories?" Ruby asked. "Wait. Godzilla, your eyes seem different."

"Indeed. I inherited the God of Light's power from Ghidorah." Godzilla replied.

"Ghidorah was still alive!?" Ruby exclaimed.

"That's hardly surprising. He's lived through worse." Godzilla said casually. "What was surprising is what he fought."

"A Grimm?" Ruby asked.

"No. It was a Kaiju like me and the rest, but it felt... different." Godzilla said. "It killed Ghidorah, and viciously split him in two. Not even Ghidorah could survive an injury like that. It was at dawn, that his powers found me."

"So you're the God of Remnant, then." Ruby said in shock.

"If I am a god, then this Kaiju. This Destoroyah, is indeed my Devil." Godzilla said. "It is your culprit."

"A Kaiju that uses the Oxygen Destroyer as a breath weapon." Ruby said. "Well, we gotta stop it."

"Easier said then done." Godzilla replied. "It's carapace was strong enough to withstand Ghidorah's Gravity Beams. I only hope I can defeat it before anyone else gets killed."

-Mountain range.-

Muto roared in pain as she crashed into the side of a mountain, before getting up and roaring at Destoroyah.

Destoroyah roared back and the two circled each other. The two glared at one another, before Muto charged Destoroyah and charged her forelimb with electromagnetic waves.

She threw a punch at Destoroyah, but it caught it in one of its hands, but not deterred, Muto threw another charged blow at Destoroyah.

Again it was caught, but with her third leg, she threw another blow at Destoroyah.

But the Oxygen Destroyer Fiend grabbed her third forelimb with the pincer on its tail.

Muto, now out of options, slammed her head into Destoroyah's face, hitting it with a electromagnetic headbutt, which staggered it a bit.

Destoroyah glared at Muto, then prepared a counterattack.

Magenta lightning flowed from its frills and into its mouth, and then it fired an Oxygen Destroyer Beam at Muto, who dodged the attack.

Muto landed, but then Destoroyah grabbed her by the neck with its tail pincer, swinging her around and slamming her into the ground.

Muto threw more electromagnetic strikes at Destoroyah, hitting it in the head and chest.

Destoroyah grabbed her limbs again, but this time, it ripped her other arm off with its pincer.

Muto roared in agony, but her roars turned to gasps as Destoroyah stabbed its horn into her chest.

Destoroyah pulled its horn out of Muto, making her injury worse. It charged it's Oxygen Destroyer Beam for the killing blow, before it was hit by two violet beams.

Destoroyah staggered forward, before turning around and seeing...

Battra.

Yup. Muto's in trouble. Say hello to Battra, the final Kaiju that will appear in this story. Much like Destoroyah, his appearance is a Monsterverse version of his Heisei appearance, and his beam attack is called Prism Beams. As always, comment, rate, and leave advice so I can improve. See you guys in the next one. Have a good night guys.

(Battra's roars.)

(Battra.)