Chapter Fifty-Six: Destoroyah vs Mecha King Ghidorah

"This is team one. We're moving through the compound. No sign of activity." A soldier said.

[Roger. See if you can find any survivors from team two.] Someone replied over the radio.

"Wilco. Out." The soldier said.

He and his squad kept their firearms ready as they moved through the facility that had become a breeding ground for an unknown creature designated as Destoroyah.

The facility in question was in fact an old Schnee Dust Company storehouse that was abandoned due to high Grimm activity several years ago. Now, with people disappearing in the nearby village, Atlas forces were deployed to investigate.

This group of soldiers were the second team sent in after the first suddenly dropped out of contact an hour after entering the building.

It was quiet. Not a sound save the sound of boots stepping on concrete, and the sound of breathing.

"Anything?" One of the soldiers asked.

"No. It's pitch black in here." Another added.

"Turn on your flashlights." The squad leader ordered.

The squad activated their lights, but what they saw shocked them.

The entire first team. Or what was left of them. The uniforms that clothed the skeletons were the only indicator it was them.

"H-holy shit!" One of the soldiers exclaimed.

Suddenly, they heard skittering coming from the distance. The squad readied their guns and aimed in every direction, looking for the source of the noise.

A low growl came from behind them, before all hell broke loose.

A number of human sized crustacean like creatures came from everywhere as the soldiers opened fire on them.

One of the creatures grabbed a soldier by her neck and dragged her to the ground as she screamed in horror.

Her screaming was silenced when the pincer at the end of its tail snapped closed, taking her head off. It chittered gleefully, before it fired a magenta colored beam at another soldier.

The Oxygen Destroyer Beam hit the soldier in the chest and ate through his armor, causing him to scream in agony before his flesh, muscle and organs were dissolved. Leaving only a skeleton with armor on.

The rest of the creatures swarmed through the building, overwhelming the soldiers. Those who weren't reduced to a pile of armor, cloth and bones were devoured by the creatures known as Destoroyah.

They sensed something coming. A change in the wind outside. A storm was on its way. Something the creatures would usually ignore.

If they didn't sense a Kaiju heading their way.

Outside, the soldiers outside were waiting for the airstrike they had called to level the nightmare warehouse in front of them, not knowing something had already destroyed them.

A few raindrops hit the ground, but rapidly became a monsoon afterwards. Thunder crashed as the soldiers looked on, before hearing a roar in the clouds.

"Oh shit." The captain said.

Gravity Beams bombarded the ground, destroying every weapon and vehicle, as well as killing the remaining humans on the ground.

Ghidorah landed with a smirk, satisfied with his handiwork. He could sense a powerful Kaiju nearby and had assumed it was Godzilla. He wondered if he and the humans and Faunus had a falling out.

"Oh, how things have changed." He said to himself. "Come out here, Godzilla! I'm hear to claim my vengeance from your corpse!"

The warehouse exploded from the inside as bolts of magenta energy crackled out of the destroyed building. Ghidorah's smirk was replaced by a look of surprise as the form of a mysterious Kaiju took shape in the smoke.