Chapter Fifty-Three: End of A Calamity

-Vale, three years after The Gate Crisis.-

Some semblance of normalcy returned to the world three years after the now dubbed Gate Crisis changed Remnant forever.

The planet itself still bore the scars of King Ghidorah's attempt to destroy it, and some places like Menagerie and Anima were entirely lost. Claimed by the sea as the water-level rose.

What had changed the most were the people who survived the Crisis. Humans and Faunus, now seen as equals, live together, work together, and many of the prejudices have begun to fade, but some still remain.

As for Beacon, it's new headmistress explored the living areas as she was hit with a wave of nostalgia as she passed the room that her team called their dorm in what now felt like a lifetime ago.

The bunk beds were still hanging as precariously as ever, but somehow they always seem to not give out and fall on them.

Ruby smiled. She missed those days, and always remembered them fondly. She was 21 now, and now the headmistress of Beacon, but she still wore her red cloak, which had become her signature look for all her outfits.

"I never understood how those things didn't fall on us." A voice said.

Ruby looked at Weiss and chuckled.

"Guess we knew what we were doing, huh?" She replied. "That, or some cosmic force kept them from falling on us."

"Yeah. Heh. Maybe." Weiss chuckled. "It was so much simpler back then. Before... everything."

"Yeah." Ruby agreed. "I learned a harsh lesson when Beacon fell; life is cruel, unlike fairy tales. But, I also think we've grown throughout everything that's happened until now. Don't you, dear?"

"Yeah." Weiss said, a smile on her face. "C'mon. I'll make sure this dorm gets actual bunkbeds before you open the school again."

"Heading back to Atlas?" Ruby asked.

"Not for awhile." Weiss replied. "Honestly, I just need some time away from Ironwood. His Type-3 Kiryu project is stalled until I give him the okay to launch it."

"Hah! He'll have to wait awhile." Ruby laughed. "Neither of us want to bring Godzilla's wrath down on us."

"True." Weiss added. "C'mon. I'll get the order in for bunks for this dorm, then we'll head home and I'll get dinner ready."

Ruby looked at Weiss with a look that showed concern.

"You're cooking?" She asked. "Try not to burn the house down, again, please?"

"That was one time!" Weiss said incredulously.

The two then started laughing as they walked away from their old dorm, hand in hand as their rings glinted a bit in the light of the setting sun.

A lot can happen in three years. Two years prior, Yang and Blake got married and began building a new Menagerie closer to the mainland. Ruby and Weiss ended up marrying each other a year later.

Now, Weiss is the CEO of the Schnee Dust Company, and with her new work policies, Faunus workers receive full wages and overtime, same as their human coworkers.

With the Kaiju going off to areas to claim as their own, Ruby hadn't heard from them for a while, but that was to be expected. With no way to go back to Earth, they were stuck on Remnant, so they figured they'd get to know their new home.

Muto had claimed the snowy regions around New Atlas as her territory, so Weiss had constant contact with her.

Rodan had made a home for himself in a volcano, near Vacuo, and the entire desert was his domain.

As for Godzilla, the Emerald Forest had become his home. Because of him, Grimm attacks were down. In fact, they were the lowest they'd ever been in Ruby's memory.

So why work so hard to get Beacon back in working order? Simple.

Ruby knew there were still Hybrids out in the world, and new Huntsmen and Huntresses would need to be trained to fight them when they popped up.

Ozpin had entrusted Beacon Academy to her, and Ruby knew she had her work cut out for her, but she had confidence in her abilities.

It also helped that the surviving members of Team JNPR had asked to become teachers.

It wasn't where Ruby saw herself when she enrolled at the school, but she didn't really mind either.

Overall, the world was at peace. But it wouldn't last.

In the Vale bay area, a dock worker was unloading cargo off an SDC freighter, when he heard what sounded like skittering coming from the ship.

He ignored it at first, but then he heard it again and he stopped what he was doing.

"Who's there?" He called out.

Silence was his only reply.

Then he heard someone scream.

He ran to see what was going on, but when got to where the scream originated, all he found was a pile of clothes and bones.

"Wh-what the hell?" He whimpered. "What the hell was-"

He heard a gunshot, and looked to where it came from. He saw the light of a muzzle flash, before a purple light engulfed the crates as the person firing the weapon screamed in agony before the sound of a thud hit the dock workers ears.

He started backing away, until he heard a hiss behind him. He slowly turned around and saw nothing but darkness.

Then.

"SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

The worker screamed as he was killed by the crustacean creature that attacked him.

The beasts screeched as they headed back into the water, waiting for more hapless victims to kill and consume. For every God born, so is born a Devil. This was Godzilla's devil. Born from the advent of the Oxygen Destroyer.

Destoroyah.

The Oxygen Destroyer Fiend has arrived! So for Destoroyah's appearance, it's basically a Monsterverse version of its debut appearance. Same thing for the mini Destoroyahs. As always, comment, rate, and leave advice so I can improve. See you guys in the next one. Have a good night guys.

(Destoroyah.)

(Of course, everyone gets a new song.)

(Rodan.)

(Muto.)

(Godzilla.)

(Also, this is Destoroyah's roar.)