Chapter Twenty Three: A Bloody Prelude

-Beacon.-

"The key to using magic, is intent." Mothra explained. "To create a fireball, you need the will to hold fire, and the intention to throw it at your target. Magic is intent and will made manifest, both help to control it, without harming oneself."

Ruby was panting for breath, after her demonstration of magic at Atlas, Mothra took it upon herself to teach her how to use it.

Thing was, Ruby was a very stuck-in-her-ways teenager, so learning to use something she had no knowledge of was hard for her.

She got to her feet and tried to create a fireball again. She was successful, at first, but the flame started to flicker before sputtering out completely.

Ruby threw her hands above her head in frustration. She had gone over this move a hundred times now, how was she not doing this very simple spell!?

Sensing her pupil's growing frustration, Mothra walked over to Ruby and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You're getting closer, Ruby, but I feel as though you... doubt yourself." Mothra said. "I think that's enough for today. Come, I wish to show you something."

The pair wandered the halls of Beacon, which was now bustling with students once again.

Mothra stopped at a window that had a perfect view of what people were now calling the Dragon's Grotto, in honor of Godzilla's fight with the Dragon Grimm, a few weeks ago.

Ruby stared in awe at the plant life in the grotto.

"I've never seen plants that green." She said breathlessly. "How did it all grow so fast though." Mothra smiled.

"Godzilla's radiation acts as a powerful and natural catalyst that helps create new life." She said. "He, and Ghidorah are widely considered to be the First Gods of planet Earth. Though, he would never allow the people of Atlantis to worship him as a god."

Ruby gazed at the tree in the center of the grotto. Mothra had called it a Redwood tree, though for the young Huntress and many others, it was the very first one they had seen.

But it wasn't just the Dragon's Grotto that underwent a sudden increase in flora.

In the Emerald Forest, parts of it had grown stronger and healthier ferns and trees. And many animals and Grimm had gone to these areas for sanctuary and safety from anything unsavory.

If Ruby had to place Godzilla as a god, he would be one of life and rebirth. And yet, Ghidorah seemed to be his polar opposite in every way.

Meanwhile, in the combat classroom, Godzilla and Ironwood were trying to find a way to track Ghidorah.

"Ghidorah's been suspiciously absent after his appearance in Atlas. After he fled, we tracked a massive thunderstorm for awhile, but it vanished when he did as well." Ironwood reported. "Ghidorah has a natural gravitational field around himself. The storms can be used to track his movements." Godzilla replied.

Ironwood nodded, before he looked at the Monster King. "Listen, a few of my men blame you for Atlas's destruction, and Winter's death. But they weren't there. Thank you for saving as many lives as you could back then." Ironwood said.

"Of course, General." Godzilla replied. Ironwood smiled at the Kaiju. "Call me James." He requested.

Godzilla returned the gesture with a small smile, before his ears twitched and he caught a scent he didn't recognize.

"Someone's here. Someone, ancient." He said. The door opened slowly, to reveal an exhausted Salem.

"I need your help." She said weakly. She then collapsed on the floor unconscious.