Chapter Forty Six: Prelude

-Vale. A few weeks later.-

Team Godzilla had returned to Vale via there own methods. Godzilla by sea, Muto by land, Rodan, Mothra and Team RWBY by air. The Kaiju hated flying in a Bullhead because they felt crammed together.

A few weeks after Mechagodzilla's destruction, and Ruby's recovery, the group had decided to return to Vale. To keep the peace there.

However, Ren and Nora stayed behind in Mantle. Their reason was a sound one to Godzilla: the life of a Huntsman and Huntress had lost its charm for them.

The death of their friends hit them hard.

Now, where once Team Godzilla was twelve strong, only eight remain.

After the group arrived back at Vale, they started helping where they were needed. Gone were the days that Grimm were the worst thing newly made Huntresses face.

Since their return, the Hybrid attacks had become more frequent. The main problems were the Crawlers, but there was always the occasional Hydra or Behemoth.

Ruby was still a bit scared of the Crawlers. The image of one eating Sun alive was still burned into her psyche. More than likely, her fear of them would never go away completely.

Godzilla slammed a Hydra into the ground, and Muto crushed one of its heads, as Rodan fired his Uranium Beam at the thing's other head.

It all ended when Godzilla ripped the final head off.

After they were done, the three changed back into their Faunus forms.

"Another attack dealt with." Rodan said, contentedly.

"Yes. But how long before another one comes?" Muto asked.

"Agreed. Ghidorah's ramping up his assault on Vale. I think this is a prelude." Godzilla said.

Team RWBY just listened. Ruby couldn't help but wonder what Salem was doing. They had been away for four months and three weeks.

She had plenty of time to act against Vale and Ozpin.

Mothra walked through the city streets, healing anyone who had gotten injured in the battle.

Unlike Godzilla, Muto and Rodan, she was a peaceful creature by nature, but when called to battle, she proved no stranger. But she felt most comfortable taking the role of healer.

"So, that's a no on getting your hair cut, Sis?" Yang asked.

This earned her a slap on her shoulder from her girlfriend, Blake.

Ruby just shrugged. "I've always wanted to grow it out." She said with a small smile.

"I think it looks good on you." Weiss replied. "Just let me know of you want it styled."

Ruby smiled at Weiss. "I'll keep that in mind, Princess." She said.

-Ghidorah's keep.-

Watts entered Ghidorah's throne room, with news for his master. Thanks to the Grimm under Ghidorah's command, Watts had no shortage of test subjects for the Oxygen Destroyer weapon.

He had managed to make it into a missile form, when Ghidorah summoned him. The problem was, he could only make one.

"You summoned me, Your Grace?" He asked.

"Yes. How goes progress on my missile?" Ghidorah asked.

"Forgive me, but I could only make one." Watts said.

Ghidorah just chuckled. "That's all we'll need." He said. "Godzilla lives in water. We just need to find where he rests every now and then, and kill him with it."

"And then your rule of Remnant will be complete." Watts added.

"Rule?" Ghidorah echoed. "HAHAHAHAHAHA! You fool! I don't seek to rule this backwater..."

Watts was confused.

"I will... DESTROY IT!" Ghidorah hissed.

Watts looked horrified by the revelation, but held his tongue.

"You are dismissed, Doctor." Ghidorah said.

Watts left as soon as Ghidorah said that. Hopefully, when Salem initiated her plan, both he and Godzilla would die.

He could only hope.

I'm gonna call the chapter here. This is the final arc of this story, and as such, will be the longest. As always, comment, rate and leave advice so I can improve. See you all in the next one. Have a good night guys.

(My take on an intro for this story.)