Chapter Fourteen: The God of Destruction Appears

-Atlas Training Facility.-

Training wasn't a new prospect to Godzilla, but the other Kaiju weren't so accustomed to it.

When the group met, they were thrown together through happenstance, and though they worked well together, their synergy left much to be desired.

Muto was training with Yang, the two working on their strong points, as well as learning each other's strengths and weaknesses.

Muto was at her best at speed, for a short while she moved like a cheetah, but prolonged fights weren't her speciality.

Yang was best at prolonged fights, and thanks to her Semblance, she could dish it out as well as take it. But faster, and more agile opponents could beat her very easily.

Her fight with Neo proved that. Because no matter how strong a person was, that strength did them no good if they couldn't hit their opponent.

Godzilla had pulled Ruby aside, since he noted something that was bothering him.

"You won't need your weapon, Ruby Rose. Put it aside." He told her. Ruby reluctantly put Crescent Rose near the wall, then walked towards the Monster King.

"So, what are we doing?" She asked. Godzilla didn't answer, instead he swung his tail at Ruby.

The action forced Ruby to duck Godzilla's attack, but she was rewarded for the maneuver with a knee to the face. This caused Ruby to fall on her backside as she groaned in pain.

"Too slow." Godzilla stated. "Muto told me that you mainly use your weapon in combat. And judging from your reaction time without it, I would say you have next to no hand to hand combat training."

Ruby stood up, and wiped a bit of blood from her mouth. Godzilla was nothing like Ozpin, as the first action during this training session demonstrated, he wasn't going to be nice.

"A little warning next time?" Ruby asked. Godzilla just threw a punch at her which she blocked, but was still sent stumbling backwards.

"In battle, there won't be any warnings." He said sternly. "You need to learn how to read your opponent's movements, and react accordingly."

Ruby sighed, but braced herself for her rough training session with Godzilla.

-Meanwhile, a few miles west of Atlas.-

Fire, death, screams of people burning alive, these were King Ghidorah's favorite things to hear and see.

"Ah, I love the aftermath of destruction and carnage." He said, cathartically. "Now then, time to pay my old rival a visit." Ghidorah spread his wings and launched into the air, and resumed his flight to Atlas.

-Atlas Academy Training Facility.-

Ruby threw another punch at Godzilla, but the attack was blocked. Godzilla then kicked Ruby's leg out from under her, before hitting her with his tail.

Ruby got up slowly, and got into another fighting stance. Godzilla, seeing she couldn't take much more, left his combat stance.

"That's enough for today." He said. "You have potential, but if you rely on your Crescent Rose for your battles, and should you lose it, I fear you'll be torn apart."

Ruby sighed, and fell to her knees. Her Aura had started working on healing her cuts and bruises, but it was a slow process.

"Sorry if I was too rough with you." Godzilla apologized. Ruby gave a thankful smile to the Kaiju and stood up.

"Don't worry about it. It was an eye opener, that's for sure." She replied. Godzilla smiled, and as the two headed to their dorms, the loudspeaker activated.