Chapter Forty Nine: Godzilla vs Salem

Godzilla and Team RWBY were heading back to Beacon, following the news report of Menagerie's destruction.

It was a very silent trip.

Blake would need time to mourn, and Godzilla knew it. He needed to find Ghidorah, but he couldn't shake the feeling that Menagerie wasn't destroyed by just the King of Terror.

He may have had help.

But, at the moment he couldn't worry about that. The Hybrids were still a problem, and he was starting to think it was time to talk to their 'guest'.

Unbeknownst to him, Salem was already enacting her plan. Ironwood made sure she was put under guard at all times, but a goddess cannot be held back.

Salem felt that it was time to leave her makeshift prison. So, she did.

The second she stepped out of the room, both guards trained their weapons on her. Two summoning circles appeared beneath them and massive Grimm hands grabbed them and tore them apart.

Now she needed to find the artifacts, and thankfully she had already acquired them.

Meanwhile, Team RWBY returned to their dorm while Godzilla headed to Salem's quarters. Ruby, Yang and Weiss stayed with Blake as she mourned her parents.

Godzilla needed answers, and he knew Salem knew Ghidorah's plan. But she was annoyingly cryptic, which drove Godzilla up the wall.

His train of thought was broken by the smell of fresh blood coming from where he was going. Godzilla sprinted to Salem's room, where he found the mangled remains of the guards.

"What else could go wrong?" He grumbled.

Suddenly, he was assailed by Grimm arms that grabbed his arms and legs, trying to drag him to the nearby wall.

Godzilla thrashed at his bindings and tried to fire his Atomic Breath at the source, but another set of arms gripped his face, forcing his mouth shut.

Godzilla thrashed for a few more minutes, before his legs were ripped out from under him. The arms dragged him to the wall to hold him there as Salem emerged from the shadows, smiling haughtily.

Godzilla glared daggers at her, to which Salem just chuckled at.

(I had to say it.) Godzilla thought.

"Not so dangerous now that your main method of attack is blocked off." Salem said. "You look good in a muzzle, dog."

A low growl was the reply she got.

"Careful now." She said, creating another arm that grasped Godzilla's throat. "You may be able to heal fast, but I doubt you can regenerate a throat."

Actually Godzilla could. Playing along, he just glared at Salem.

"I admit." Salem added. "You are powerful. There aren't many in the world who can truly hurt me. But, even you can't kill a god. You can just stay there and witness your killers return to the world."

Godzilla raised an eyebrow, but quickly caught on by what she meant.

Salem was planning to summon the Gods of Light and Darkness back to Remnant.

Salem placed the artifacts in a row and began chanting a spell.

The resulting magic surge could be felt by all the Kaiju in Remnant, and of them all, two viewed these new arrivals as rivals.

Ghidorah growled as he spread his wings and headed for Vale. This world was his to destroy, not theirs.

Godzilla's spines started glowing again, and after a few seconds fired his Nuclear Pulse, destroying the arms that held him and sending Salem flying back a bit.