Chapter Eighteen: The Fall of Atlas

Oscar and Ironwood could hear the battle raging behind them, and from the sound of it, the tide had shifted once again.

The pair had entered the room where the Staff of Creation was kept. The artifact was responsible for keeping Atlas afloat in the skies above Mantle, but now it was needed for another purpose.

Oscar turned around when he heard a thunderous crash, that wasn't too far from their location.

"Whatevers happening, it's getting closer!" He exclaimed. Ironwood looked at the staff, and sighed.

"Then we don't have much time. Go to that console." He ordered. Oscar nodded, then made his way to the control console.

Suddenly the door burst open, flung open by Godzilla's body slamming into it.

The Kaiju quickly got to his feet, and glared at the entryway, then dodged a Gravity Beam fired by Ghidorah.

"Well, G, I can't say this hasn't been entertaining." The King of Terror said. "But this is the end for you." Godzilla sneered at his foe. "I'm still breathing, Ghidorah! I think you're losing your touch at murder." He retorted.

Ghidorah snarled at Godzilla, then rushed him.

Godzilla charged Ghidorah as well, and when the two collided, a shockwave was expelled from the force of the impact.

Godzilla broke the struggle by hitting Ghidorah with his tail, sending the other Kaiju sliding back.

Ghidorah responded by firing his Gravity Beams at the King of Monsters, who blocked the majority of the attack, but a stray shot hit the console.

Thankfully, it was just a glancing shot and no real damage could be seen, but Godzilla was then sent into the console.

Godzilla tried to get up, but he was stuck. His spines were impaled into the console and he was not happy.

"God damn it, not again!" He groaned. Ghidorah looked around and saw the Staff of Creation, and went to grab it.

Ironwood and Oscar tried to stop him, but two Gravity Beams from Ghidorah's hands sent them both back.

Ghidorah grabbed the staff and used it to try and spear Godzilla, but Godzilla countered the attack with a Nuclear Pulse, destroying the console he was stuck in, and sending the Staff of Creation out of the chamber.

"So... What will happen now that the staff is gone?" Oscar asked. His question was answered when the entire floating island rumbled and tilted.

"What was that!?" Blake yelled. Mothra nodded at Rodan who returned the gesture and flew up to see what happened.

After a few seconds he landed, panic clear in his eyes. "Atlas is falling!" He yelled. "We need to get the people off this rock!"

"That's impossible! Atlas is held in the sky by the Staff of Creation!" Winter replied. "Not anymore it seems, cuz we're dropping like a massive fucking rock!" Rodan exclaimed.

"We need to... get the people... to safety." Ruby said. Her arm was still broken and exhaustion clear in her voice, but Mothra admired the young Huntress's tenacity.

"Leave that to us. You rest." She said. Winter turned to Penny. "Get every pilot we can find. We have a city to evacuate." She said.

"We have another problem. If I recall correctly, this place is right above another city right?" Rodan asked. The group gained horrified expressions.

Atlas was right above Mantle, and there was nothing they could do to alter the kingdom's fall.

Godzilla fired his Heat Ray at Ghidorah, which hit him in the face, causing the dragon Faunus to recoil in pain.

"WHY. ARE YOU. STILL HERE!? LEAVE! NOW!" Godzilla roared. Oscar and Ironwood looked at each other and bolted from the battle sight.

Ghidorah and Godzilla charged each other as the room collapsed around them.

The group had managed to get as many people as possible into transports, but Mantle was in danger still, since Atlas was about to hit it.

Or at least it would have, if it weren't for Muto and Rodan.

Rodan had transformed and met up with Muto, and after explaining what had happened, the two had formulated a plan.

Rodan sped towards Atlas with Muto in his talons. When they reached it, Rodan threw Muto at it with all his strength.

Muto flew at the mass of stone and charged her fore limb with Electromagnetic energy, before slamming her limb into the former floating island and releasing the energy, diverting its collision course into Mantle.

The side effect was that the city was now completely devoid of power, but it would recover.

The last transport managed to escape Atlas in time when it crashed into the ground. Clouds of dust and snow dispersed from its impact.

Mothra landed near the crater along with Team RWBY, Ren and Nora, and Winter and Penny.

Oscar and Ironwood landed next to the group, along with a regiment of soldiers.

"Where's Godzilla?" Ruby asked.

"He was still fighting that monster when we saw him last. He could have been... "Oscar said. He was hesitant to finish the sentence. "He died along with Ghidorah." Ironwood said.

Mothra shook her head. "No. He wouldn't die that easily." She said.

Rodan looked at the ground, and froze. The wind had suddenly changed direction.

"Mothra. When was the last time you saw wind change direction with no warning whatsoever?" He asked. His voice was laced with fear.

Mothra looked confused until she saw a massive tail emerge from the crater. Familiar golden scales covered the appendage, and the tip was a spiked club.

After that, a single head emerged, followed by a second, and a third. And to top it off, was a second tail.

It was King Ghidorah, in all his malicious glory, and he was ready to rampage.

King Ghidorah has obtained his true three headed form! As always, comment, rate, and leave advise so I can improve. Next chapter out soon!