Chapter Forty Two: The Aftermath

"Dad?" Weiss asked. "What are you doing here?"

Jacque had to cover his ears as Godzilla and Muto Muto roared at each other as their battle raged on.

"Getting you away from these savages." He answered. "Sooner or later, they'll destroy this city with their antics. I won't place my daughter in 'King' Godzilla's hands."

Ruby looked touched by her girlfriend's father's concern, but she mentally chastised herself for it.

Anyone who really knew Jacque Schnee knew he always had another reason for doing what he did.

"Yeah, right..." Weiss said bitterly. "What's the real reason you came here?"

Jacque didn't answer immediately, but instead walked closer to Weiss.

"Look around you, Weiss. Look at Mantle!" He yelled. "Once, the Schnee family was the wealthiest family in Atlas! Now, Winter's dead, your mother's abandoned me, and your brother got himself killed trying to be a goddamned hero! But we'll survive. We'll rebuild. Now, come along."

Jacque started walking away from the two behind him, when Muto sailed over their heads, blood splashing on buildings and the road. This was followed up by Godzilla lunging at Muto.

"No." Weiss said.

Jacque stopped dead in his tracks.

"What did you say?" He asked with clenched teeth.

"You heard me, Jacque Schnee." Weiss replied. "I'm not going with you."

"You assume that I gave you a choice." Jacque said. "Now come!"

He went to grab Weiss's hand, but his attempt was thwarted by Ruby.

"She said no, Mr. Schnee." She said. "Now get outta here."

Jacque looked at Ruby.

"Out of my way, bitch." He demanded.

"Go fuck yourself." Ruby retorted. "And leave her alone."

Jacque sneered at Ruby, before turning around.

"You'll regret this." He said, before turning on the spot and stabbing Ruby with a knife.

Time seemed to stop as Weiss watched with a horrified expression as Ruby looked at her father, before coughing up blood.

"RUBY!" Weiss screamed.

Godzilla turned to look at Weiss, only to see her father holding a knife that was in Ruby's lower abdomen.

After his fight with Muto, his mood wasn't the best. Now he was really pissed.

Jacque pulled the knife out of Ruby, then proceed to stab her repeatedly, his face warped into one of psychosis.

"STOP! PLEASE STOP!" Weiss begged. "Please don't kill her...."

Jacque looked at his daughter, before turning his gaze back to Ruby, who was gasping for breath, and very bloody.

"Disobedience must be punished, severely." He replied. "You should've considered the consequences for refusing me... daughter."

Jacque brought his hand over his head to stab Ruby in the heart, before he felt someone grab his arm.

He looked up at the nuisance who stopped him, and he went pale.

Godzilla's eyes were glowing sapphire blue as he glared at the human who had dared to harm a member of his pack.

"You should know." He growled. "I'm not in the best of moods."