Chapter Fifty: Godzilla and King Ghidorah vs The Gods of Light and Darkness

Mothra channeled a healing spell on Team RWBY, with extra attention put on Yang and Weiss. She knew Ghidorah wasn't going to be down for long, so she needed to hurry.

Weiss gasped, then winced in pain as her ribcage and heart were uncrushed thanks to Mothra's healing spell.

Yang groaned as her injuries healed, as life returned to her as well.

"Thanks, Mothra." Blake said, relieved. "Yang!"

Blake grabbed Yang and put her in a bear hug.

"I thought I lost you too." She said, tearfully.

"You did." Mothra replied. "Yang and Weiss were effectively dead when I cast my spell. In truth, you two are lucky I got here when I did. Any later and there would've been nothing I could do."

"Wow." Yang said stunned.

"What was the other side like?" Ruby asked.

"Cold." Weiss replied. "Oh my God, Ruby! Your eye!"

"It's okay." Ruby said quickly. "I can live with one eye. And, hey... matching scars!"

Ghidorah burst from the rubble that entrapped him and glared at Mothra.

"Mothra." He hissed. "Are you really so eager to die? Again?"

"Wait. What's he talking about?" Yang asked.

"This is my thousandth life cycle." Mothra said simply. "But you would know Ghidorah, because you killed me when we clashed last. But believe me, history won't repeat itself."

"Down to the last detail, it will!" Ghidorah yelled as he fired his Gravity Beams at Mothra.

Mothra countered with her Light Rays as the two attacks canceled each other out in a brilliant explosion of gold and rainbow light.

Ghidorah fired another Gravity Beam at the Queen of the Monsters, but she conjured a barrier to block the attack.

Mothra then called upon her magic and summoned a bolt of lightning from the sky, which hit Ghidorah hard, but did little in the way of damage.

Mothra followed that up with a flaming comet that she created, and hurled it at the King of Terror.

This had more of a lasting impact on Ghidorah, as he was visibly damaged, but Mothra wasn't done and she created a magic circle around Ghidorah.

Though she wasn't as versed in offensive magic as her brother, Battra, Mothra could hold her own.

Mothra spoke an incantation in the archaic language of Infant Island and held her palm open to the sky which caused a massive pillar of light to erupt from underneath Ghidorah.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaagh!" Ghidorah screamed as the spell engulfed him.

Mothra panted as the spell ended and dust and smoke rose from the epicenter.

"Told you." She said.

Suddenly a Gravity Beam shot out from the smoke and hit Mothra's wing, causing her to cry out in pain before falling to the ground.

Ghidorah emerged from the smoke, bloody, but still alive.

"You're weaker than normal, Mothra." He observed. "That spell of yours, while impressive, lacked the power to kill me. Which means..."

Ghidorah chuckled.

"After I kill you, I'm going after what you laid. Then no more will you be a persistent thorn in my side!" He laughed.

Suddenly, both Kaiju turned their attention to the sky, instinct telling them something powerful was nearby.

Rodan and Muto sensed it as well, along with Obsidius and Krystallak.