Chapter Seventeen: Godzilla vs King Ghidorah

Ghidorah swiped at Ruby with his talons, the Huntress barely dodging the attack. She felt useless without Crescent Rose, and she recalled what Godzilla had told her.

(He was right.) She thought. (I really did rely on Crescent Rose in my fights.) Ruby got to her feet, wiping her cheek and smearing blood on her hand.

(Godzilla... I guess I should thank you.) She thought. Ghidorah loomed over her. "A nice effort child, but ultimately..." he said, raising his hand above his head. "Futile!"

Ruby dodged the attack, then grabbed his arm, catching Ghidorah offguard. (You taught me...) She thought, throwing Ghidorah over her shoulders. (How to really fight!)

Ghidorah landed on his back, stunned for a moment. "Well then... " He muttered. "Did not see that coming." Ruby panted heavily, since he was so big, he was consequently really heavy.

"Is that Ruby?" Weiss asked in shock. Blake nodded dumbly, but the two were startled when the rubble they were hiding behind blasted away.

Godzilla was finally free from his stone prison, and he wasn't happy.

"Where is he?" He growled.

Ruby dodged another attack from Ghidorah, and then countered with a solid body blow. She then threw a punch at the King of Terror, but he caught the blow.

Ghidorah then hit Ruby in the stomach, and back with his tails, effectively knocking the wind out of her.

He then kicked her, which sent Ruby flying into a wall. A loud crunch was heard and Ruby screamed.

She clutched her broken arm as Ghidorah walked towards her.

"Time to die then, warrior." He said. Ruby's eyes flared and she screamed at Ghidorah.

However, when she threw her palm out, a Fireball was launched.

"What!?" Ghidorah shouted, before he was hit by the spell. Ghidorah was sent flying away from a surprised Ruby, who looked at her hand.

"W-what jus..." She mumbled, before consciousness failed her. Ghidorah stood up, his chest now smoking.

If Godzilla's battle with Cinder was any indication, it seemed magic was very effective against Kaiju.

Ghidorah used the energy he had siphoned from Salem to heal the injury, and made his way to Ruby.

"Not bad. But..." He said. His arm started to glow. "You're no Godzilla."

Suddenly, he was hit in the back by a Heat Ray from his long time foe. Ghidorah turned to face Godzilla.

Everyone could feel the air of menace both Kaiju were currently giving off. Godzilla and King Ghidorah, two beings considered to be gods now faced each other again.

"So, you finally decided to show up." Ghidorah sneered. Godzilla growled. "If you drop another building on me again. I'm going to lose what restraint I have left." The King of the Monsters growled.

Godzilla and Ghidorah then without warning, charged each other. The two clashed in the middle, and Godzilla slashed Ghidorah's chest with his claws.

Ghidorah grunted, before he tried to punch Godzilla. The Monster King saw it coming however, and grabbed the arm then proceeded to break it.

Ghidorah roared in pain, before Godzilla elbowed him away. Ghidorah healed his broken arm, and blocked Godzilla's next attack.

Ghidorah then punched his rival, then threw him into a wall.

Godzilla grunted, then blocked Ghidorah's follow up attack. He then kicked Ghidorah away, and fired his Heat Ray at the King of Terror. Ghidorah dodged the attack, then fired his Gravity Beams.