Chapter Ten: Battle for Vale

Rodan shrieked as he spread his wings, heat lingering near the end of each membrane. The Fire Demon took a step forward, and took to the air.

Anything he passed over was blown away by the air current he left in his wake. Rodan flew straight at the three headed Grimm, and with the hunting skills of a falcon, grabbed onto one of the Grimm's heads.

The Grimm tried to shake the Terranodon off of it, with little luck. Rodan then started using his beak to take out the eyes of the other heads.

The Grimm roared, now completely aggravated by its opponent, it roared in pain as Rodan used his beak, driving it into its other heads, and drawing blood.

This got Rodan's attention. Since when do Grimm bleed?

The Grimm wrapped its tails around Rodan's legs, and threw him off of it. The King of the Skies recovered and circled back to his foe.

Now the Grimm was furious.

It spread its massive wings, and took to the air after Rodan.

Rodan looked behind him and noticed his unwanted friend. With a flap, Rodan broke the sound barrier and rocketed up into the sky.

The Grimm growled as the sonic boom generated by Rodan blew out its ears, it then looked the city, and smirked.

It didn't need to chase Rodan.

It then turned and dive bombed towards Vale, as it turned its left head to observe Rodan.

The Fire Demon saw what the Grimm was doing, and dove after it. He couldn't let it get to the city.

Godzilla had his own problems. Unable to defend himself at the moment, thanks to the building he was holding up, he was akin to a punching bag for the Dragon Grimm.

The Monster King let out a groan as the Dragon hit him again, gritting his teeth he kept supporting the building.

Godzilla was nothing if not resilient, but even he had his limits.

The Dragon went to attack Godzilla again, but this time Godzilla hit it with his tail.

From its reaction, it hadn't seen that coming.

Muto and Team RWBY were engaged with the Grimm the Dragon had left in its wake. Muto grabbed a Beowolf that tried to attack her, using two of her arms to catch the Grimm's attack, and used the other two to claw its stomach out.

The Beowolf fell down, very much dead. Muto then turned to Godzilla, who looked like he could use some help.

"Hey, ladies! Come with me!" She shouted. Ruby ran to her.

"What is it?" She asked. Ruby then saw Godzilla swat the Dragon with his tail again, and the building almost fall before he caught it.

Muto turned to see a family heading their way. Ruby saw this also and ran toward them.

However, two Beowolves pounced on them, and their screams were soon replaced with tearing sounds, gurgling, and then silence.

"No!" Ruby yelled. She used Crescent Rose and cut the two Grimm down, but she was far too late.

The family, consisting of a human man, a Faunus woman, and two children had in only a few seconds been torn apart.

Muto put a hand on her shoulder, as she looked at the carnage before her.

"You can't save everyone, Ruby." She said. Ruby looked at her. "That doesn't make me feel better." She replied. Muto didn't speak after that, but a screech from the skies caught her attention.