Chapter Fifty-Nine: Atlas vs Destoroyah

-The outskirts of Mistral.-

Rodan awoke from his nap and looked out of his volcano home. He felt like something had just happened to Muto. Something bad.

(I can't feel Muto.) He thought. (Did she... Is she... Dead?)

-The Emerald Forest.-

Godzilla gasped and turned his gaze to the north where Atlas was. A grim look on his face.

"Godzilla?" Ruby asked.

"Muto..." He said. "Rest now, my friend. Sayonara."

"Godzilla... What happened to Muto?" Ruby asked.

"She was killed." He answered. "By Destoroyah."

"Oh no..." Ruby gasped.

"She will be remembered." Godzilla stated. "And we will avenge her."

"That will not be easy." A voice said. "They said you're the reigning alpha of Grimm all over the world. Can't help showing off, can you?"

"I don't believe it." Godzilla said, turning towards the voice. "Battra!?"

"In the flesh, Godzilla." Battra replied. "So this is where you-"

Godzilla suddenly punched Battra in the face, interrupting him. Anger evident in the King of the Monsters' eyes.

Battra groaned and looked at Godzilla as his bruised cheek healed.

"I guess I deserved that." He said.

"You deserve far more, you bastard!" Godzilla growled. "My friend Baragon is dead because of you!"

"And Muto is dead... Because of Destoroyah." Battra replied. "I came to you to say that killing that... Thing, will be tough to do. It's carapace shrugged off even some of my strongest spells."

Godzilla's expression lightened a bit, but his gaze was still hard on Battra. He wasn't the type of Kaiju to forgive easily.

"Look. I'm sorry that my actions got Baragon killed. But if you want to blame someone for that, blame Kong." Battra said. "I tried to save Baragon from Kong, like I tried to save Muto. Both times, I failed. At least let me help you stop Destoroyah."

"Are you asking me to forgive you?" Godzilla asked, his voice dripping with rage.

"No. I'm offering my help." Battra replied.

Ruby's scroll started vibrating and she answered it when she saw it was Weiss.

"Yeah?" Ruby asked.

[Ruby! Thank God! Destoroyah's attacking the Atlas fleet I'm currently with! We need help!] Weiss yelled. [Oh no. BRACE YOURSEL-]

"Weiss? Weiss!" Ruby yelled.

"Go. Save her." Godzilla said. "Battra, go with her."

"Very well." Battra said. "Climb aboard, miss."

Battra transformed into his Kaiju form and Ruby climbed on top of him. The Black Mothra then took to the air towards the Atlas fleet.

Meanwhile, the fleet fired all their weapons at Destoroyah, the shells doing nothing to Destoroyah as it continued its charge at the fleet, and with a roar, it fired its Oxygen Destroyer Beam, destroying a few ships caught in it.

Destoroyah then ignited its horn and sliced another ship in half, before it fired its Oxygen Destroyer Beam again and destroyed three more ships.

Weiss stumbled as her ship started falling to the ground, but she braced herself and using her glyphs, she headed to the nearest lifeboat.

When she got to one, she and a few soldiers got in and launched away from the doomed vessel.

Weiss got out her scroll and called Ironwood.

"Mrs Rose. What is it?" Ironwood asked.

"You wanted my permission General, well you have it." She said. "Send Kiryu to these coordinates. It's target: the Kaiju known as Destoroyah!"

-Kiryu launch bay.-

[Attention all Kiryu pilots. The green light has been given. Prepare for launch. Target: the Kaiju known as Destoroyah.]

"You ready, babe?" Yang asked.

"Yeah." Blake said. "Let's go save Weiss."

[Type-3 Kiryu. Ready for takeoff.]

[Launch in T-minus. 10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. Launch!]

"Fire thrusters!" Yang shouted.

Kiryu flew out of its launch tube and flew towards the area that Destoroyah was at.

Meanwhile, Destoroyah had destroyed another Atlas ship and fired another Oxygen Destroyer Beam at another.

It then roared and was about to fire at the last ship, when something hit it. It turned and saw Rodan.

"Well well. Here I was out on my flight, and who do I find, but Muto's killer." He said. "For Muto, and the humans you've slaughtered. You die. Right here. RIGHT NOW!"

Rodan then transformed into his Kaiju form and screeched at Destoroyah who roared in return. The two then flew at each other and Rodan raked his talons across Destoroyah's chest.

He noted that he couldn't cut through the chitin, so he flew around and fired his Uranium Beam at Destoroyah that hit it in the back.

Destoroyah paid the attack no mind, and charged it's own attack, before firing at Rodan.

The Fire Demon dodged the attack, then fired another Uranium Beam at the Oxygen Destroyer Fiend, who fired its Oxygen Destroyer Beam in response.

The two attacks collided in a brilliant Beam clash that neither Kaiju was willing to lose.

Destoroyah pushed its attack forward, and slammed Rodan with the resulting explosion.

Rodan groaned as he picked himself up, then dodged Destoroyah's follow up attack, before he took flight again. He went high into the sky and began flying faster than Destoroyah could hope to catch.

But the King of the Skies wasn't running.

He flew forward, willing himself to fly faster as his body seemed to catch fire. He hated using this form. It always burned him out, but against this foe, he had no choice.

With a mighty screech, Fire Rodan dove at Destoroyah with so much speed that it sent the Kaiju flying to the ground.

Destoroyah roared at Fire Rodan, who roared back. Now the real battle begins.

Yup. Fire Rodan has arrived. Not a new Kaiju, but Rodan's equivalent to Godzilla's Butning form. In this state, Rodan is stronger and faster, but can't maintain it for very long. We'll see how he does in the next chapter. Until then, comment, rate and leave advice so I can improve. Have a good night guys.

(Fire Rodan.)