𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆
( 𝗁𝗎𝗇𝗀𝗋𝗒 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗌𝗍𝗎𝖼𝗄 )

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 ( 𝗁𝗎𝗇𝗀𝗋𝗒 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗌𝗍𝗎𝖼𝗄 )

Jacob had screwed up. The wolves had found about the expecting mother in the Cullen household. Sam was ready to attack because of the now void treaty. Sam was worried about what trouble the fetus would cause to the tribe and Forks, Washington. Jacob, Seth, and Leah all decided to leave the wolf pack. Natalia thought it was kind, that they would go against their alpha for a group of vampires.

They had surrounded the house. None of the Cullens could go in or go out. Emmett was walking along the windows, Bella sleeping on the couch, Edward and Jacob watching over her. Natalia decided that she wanted a change of scenery and since she couldn't go hunt, she decided to join everyone in the living room.

Emmett smiled at her as she walked in, Esme moved so she could have a spot on the couch. No one was expecting to see her so soon after the fight with Rosalie.

"They're waiting to attack." Natalia pointed out the obvious to Emmett.

"We will be ready when they do." He doesn't even turn around to look at her. Afraid that the wolves would try something if he did.

When Edward was next to Bella he was spending his time on the computer. Researching and researching anything he could on vampire baby's. Natalia's heart ached for him, she couldn't imagine possibly losing Jasper or herself being in Bella place. Natalia was helping Jasper, Alice, and Carlisle on their research as well. You can never have too many people helping.

Bella was getting worse by the day. Her bones were breaking, her body getting thinner, the color draining from her body. It killed Natalia to watch her.

Edward had been confiding in her a lot. Natalia was there when he just needed to rant. He was so worried that Bella wasn't going to make it and that he would be stuck easing a demon child all by himself. Natalia assured him that if something did happen to Bella, Rosalie would be more than willing to be that mother figure. It was a joke but Edward didn't find it funny.

Rosalie and Natalia hadn't talked in days. Natalia could feel their friendship slipping through the cracks. They would glare at each other when in the same room and ignore each other when talking.

•••••

Natalia sat on the couch, legs across Emmetts lap and leaning on Jasper to support her back, watching football.

"I'll never understand the hype behind American football." Natalia said.

Emmett just scoffed. "And I'll never understand the hype behind soccer."

Natalia laughed. "It's okay Emmett you can admit soccer is better."

"I'll be in hell before I do that."

Natalia moved her legs off his lap and rolled her eyes. She whispered, "so dramatic" under breath, knowing he can still hear her.

Natalia turned her attention to the Bella protection group. Bella hunched over the couch with a feeling of throwing up.

"We need to find a way to get food into her system." Esme says.

"I can only see the fetus.." Alice starts to say but get cut off by Rosalie

"The baby.."

Natalia scoffs which causes a glare from her sister in law.

"Maybe I can figure out what it wants." Alice finishes.

"I think you might be right. Jacob just had an idea." Edward says out of nowhere.

"It wasn't an idea. It was a snide comment." He grins.

"Well spit it out dog." Natalia speakes up.

"What were you thinking?" Carlisle takes a nicer approach.

"That's it's probably just looking for someone to sink it's teeth into." Jacob tells everyone.

Bella looks up at Edward. "He's thirsty."

"I know the feeling." Emmet said.

They hadn't been hunting in a few days. They thought they would all be fine but it's turned into a few week and everyone's getting weaker.

"If it's craving it's not going to want animal blood." Edward points out the obvious.

"I have some O negative laid aside for Bella." Carlisle heads to his office.

Both Jasper and Natalia's heads rise up at the mention of blood in the house. They watch Carlisle disappear down the hallway.

"Walk with me."

Alice takes both Natalia and Jasper's hand, into her own. She drags them upstairs. Natalia can hear Emmetts footsteps behind them. They all sit in the Hale's room. Natalia was sitting on her bed when she smelled it. The beautiful smell of grease human blood.

Natalia moved her head around frantically to find an exit to the room she was in. She suddenly stood up and walked toward the door.

Jasper stopped in front of her.

"I don't want to hurt you." She told him.

He put his hands on her arms. Righting his grip so she can't fight in. He pulled her in for a hug.

"You won't, because you aren't going anywhere."