𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 - 𝐒𝐢𝐱

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
( 𝖽𝖺𝗒 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌 )

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲( 𝖽𝖺𝗒 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌 )

Angela had heard about a market coming to Port Angeles. She had been talking about it all week at lunch and Eric decided to get everyone and go. That's how they all ended up in Tyler's van driving to Port Angeles on a Sunday.

Natalia was ready for some normalcy. This past week for her has been good. She turned in all of her makeup work, aced a test, hung out with the wolf pack a few times, and was developing a good cocaine stash in her desk drawer. Natalia could feel herself become dependent on the high. She was disappointed that she was giving into her legacy, but at the same time she didn't care because the drugs made her feel so good. Getting high has become a daily occurrence for her.

Stella was happy that Natalia had gone and hung out with her friends. Before she sent her away to her abuelas Natalia was sad, she never wanted to get out of bed. She didn't know what her mother did because Natalia came back a whole different person. Happier than Stella expected her to be.

Natalia was sitting next to Jessica, who told Natalia about Bella's incident at the movies. Natalia couldn't believe that she had been so reckless. Bella wasn't a risk taker like that. Natalia wanted to scold her about how stupid she had been. Jessica just said she claimed to be some adrenaline junkie. Mike also told his story about how he went to the movies with her too and Jacob was a complete ass. Natalia had no idea what was up with her friends while she was gone.

When they arrived at the market they split up into two groups. Mike, Eric, and Tyler go on one side and Natalia, Angela, and Jessica on the other. There were a bunch of people there. There were vendors selling all kinds of things, some that Natalia hadn't even heard of before. Jessica spent some of her money trying something called a Aebleflæsk. The vendor said it was a staple from Denmark. Whatever it was Jessica didn't like it, she threw it away as soon as they left.

"Tell us about Mexico." Angela suggested.

"Oh." Natalia looked down at her feet, not knowing what to say.

"Ooo, yes! I wanna hear all about the sunshine." Jessica led them to another booth.

Natalia picked up a bracelet. It was made full of pearls. It reminded her of something Rosalie would wear. She gave it to the vendor to purchase it and soon enough the girls were on to the next booth.

"There's not much to tell." Natalia admitted.

Both, Jessica and Angela, rolled their eyes at her.

"Sure.. I totally believe you" Jessica said.

"I worked at the restaurant while everyone was in school, I got taken to a few parties.."

"Did you meet anyone?" Angela asked.

Natalia blushed at the thought of Javier. "Yes. I did."

Both teenage girls squealed. They wanted Natalia to be happy after everything, he shall not be named, put her though.

"Was be a good kisser?" Jessica could not contain her excitement.

Natalia felt her face becoming red at her friend's questions. "Yes he was."

"I was hoping that you and Tyler were gonna get together." Angela put out in the open.

Natalia just shook her head now. "That is never going to happen."

The trio stopped at another booth. Out of her peripheral vision Natalia could see the boys coming to join them. Mike had a weird looking hat on his head, Eric was holding a bunch of different shopping bags in hands, and Tyler had at least five necklaces layered on his neck. Natalia just laughed at them, and Angela critiqued their spending habits.

Natalia had moved a few booths away by herself. She saw a necklace that she might wanted to buy but found herself getting farther and farther away from her friends by the crowds of people. Natalia wasn't worried though, she knew that her friends would find her if it came down to that. She walked into a booth that was selling different kinds of fabric. Natalia liked to think that she could create clothes but in reality she couldn't even sew. While looking at a pink paisley fabric someone came to look at the same one.

"Are you wanting to look at this one? I can move." Natalia asked without looking at who was standing beside her.

"Please don't. I'm getting a good look at my next meal." The unknown voice said.

This caused Natalia to look up at the person. She had red hair and Natalia immediately knew who she was facing. The red eyes only confirmed her suspicion.

Natalia felt her heart stop and her anxieties rise. She looked around the booth to see if there were any bystanders, but there were none around.

"Victoria." Natalia managed to say. She was backing up and ended up being cornered by a wall.

"Ah, yes. Dear Natalia. Where is your mate, Jasper?"
Victoria went to move a piece of hair that converted some of Natalia's face.

"He's — He's in Forks." Natalia tried to convince.

"Well last I heard the Cullens had left town." Victoria caught her in a lie.

Natalia gulped. Not knowing what to say next.

"They—, they did. To go see their cousins in Alaska. They are back now." Natalia said.

Victoria knew the girl was lying. She wanted her last few minutes alive to be in anxiety. She wanted Natalia to feel triumph as she thought Victoria believed her but be crushed in the last few seconds.

All of a sudden someone entered the booth and Natalia took this as her chance to run. She pushed Victoria off of her and ran as fast as she could. She knew that Victoria could use her vampire speed if she wanted too, but she wouldn't in such a public place.

Natalia just said sorry to all of the people she ran into. She was just running and running to get to her friends. When she reached them she was out of breath. They all looked at her worried. Angela asked what was going on but the only words that Natalia could form is that she wanted to go home.

They all piled back into Tyler's van and headed their way back to Forks. They had started to ask questions to why she was so shaken up but stopped when they realized they weren't gonna get an answer.

When Natalia got home, she ran straight up to her bedroom and set up a line of coke. She snorted it in a second. Natalia just layed on her bed letting the high take over drown her anxieties away.

"Hey Jasper. I just wanted to let you know that I almost died today. Not that you care."

* happy thanksgiving 🦃🍁🍽 if you celebrate! *