𝐎𝐧𝐞

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝗼𝐧𝐞
( 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝗍𝗈𝗐𝗇, 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝗌𝖼𝗁𝗈𝗈𝗅 )

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝗼𝐧𝐞 ( 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝗍𝗈𝗐𝗇, 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝗌𝖼𝗁𝗈𝗈𝗅 )

Natalia Ramos was open to change. When her mother, Stella Ramos, announced that they were going to move, Natalia welcomed the decision with open arms. She was going to miss the Nevada desert, heat, and mostly the lights of her home, Las Vegas. On the plane ride her little sister, Ella, looked up pictures of the new place they were going to call home. It's safe to say she wasn't very happy. Nataila was though. The people at Natalia's old school she had simply grown tired off. She just hoped that there would be someone that she could get along with. She would be going to Forks High School in the middle of the year. As her mom pulled up to the new house Natalia's smile grew. It was a nice house, not too big or small, perfect for the three of them. Ella raced up the stairs against Natalia up the stairs so they picked their rooms. Natalia unpacked all of her stuff and prepared for her first day at a new school.

The first thing Natalia noticed at Forks High School was that she was one of the only minorities there. Stella dropped her daughter off then headed towards the hospital for her new job. Natalia walked across the parking lot and found everyone to be staring at her. She just simply ignored them and made her way to the office to get her schedule. After talking to the nice office lady, Natalia got her schedule and headed down the hallway to find her locker.

"Hey Natalia!" She hears an unknown voice yell. An Asian boy with a questionable haircut runs up and offers his hand for Natalia to shake.

"Oh hi!" Natalia gives him a smile and accepts his handshake.

"I'm Eric. Your new best friend."

"Oh" Natalia chuckles

"I'm the eyes and ears of this school."

"Okay then."

"If you need anything at all, don't hesitate to let me know." Eric finally finished.

"That's really nice, thank you." Natalia smiles again. "Could you show me where locker 1081 is?"

Eric goes in front of Natalia to lead her down to her locker. "Ah yes the 80's. Your locker will be in front of Mr.Harris AP US history class."

"Okay that's my first period."

Both teenagers approach her locker.

"Perfect. Well now I don't have that class but I do have English III with you." Eric tells his new friend.

"Fun. Well I guess I'll see you there. It was nice to meet you."

Eric just waves down the hallway as he goes to first class. Natalia opens her locker, puts her things in, and heads to class.

When Natalia walked into Mr. Harris APUSH class all eyes went on her again. Apparently new students weren't a common thing here.

"Ah, Ms.Ramos, welcome to Forks." Mr.Harris grabbed her attention.

"Thank you. Um, the office lady told me you have to sign this paper." Natalia passed him the sheet of paper.

"Yes. I'll give it to you towards the end of class. In the meantime please grab an empty seat."

Natalia just smiled and scanned her eyes over the classroom. There was one seat open, next to a blonde guy. Natalia made her way over to her new seat. She put her books down on the table and sat down. This got the unnamed boys attention. He just stared at her so Natalia made the first move.

"Hi, I'm Natalia." She smiled at him and held her hand out for him to shake.

The boy looked at her hand and didn't respond. He just turned his gaze back to the teacher.

"Okay class, today we are going to talk about the best war in American history. Anyone wanna guess?" Mr. Harris starts the lecture.

"The Mexican-American War."

"The Civil War."

Both, Natalia and her seat partner, said at the same time. Yeah they both looked at each other again. Natalia smiled and looked back at her textbook and out of her peripheral vision she saw the boy smile too.

Her whole day has been good. Natalia liked all of her classes and liked some of the people. Walking into lunch though was now causing her anxiety to rise. She had gotten a tray and went through the line. Now she just had to find a place to sit. There were your obvious clique tables, tables with groups of friends, and then there was one table where Natalia saw the boy from earlier. She noticed she was staring for a while when a girl with brown hair started to wave at her. Natalia just waved back trying to not be rude and making it sound like she was staring, which she totally was. Then she spotted Eric and his group of friends. He was waving for her to join him and she did.

"Hey Natalia!" Eric yelled across the room.

"Hey guys!" Natalia said as she approached the table. "I'm Natalia but I'm sure you already knew that."

"Nice to meet you I'm Tyler." He winked and smiled at her. Natalia blushed.

While across the lunch room, Jasper watched her interact with her new friends. Alice had said a few weeks earlier that something or someone was coming for him. Jasper didn't know what to think but then she walked across the parking lot and Jasper instantly knew. The new girl was his mate. Jasper was surprised to say the least. He couldn't believe that she was actually there and that she was human. Of course she's human, Jasper thought. Edward just laughed and brought his attention back to Alice. Jasper couldn't keep his eyes off of her. All though out history he kept making secret glances at her. One part of Jasper want to be right by her side protecting her from whatever could destroy her and another part wanted to stay as far away as she could. Jasper didn't trust himself around her. So he would settle for staring at her from across the cafeteria.