𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 - 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
( 𝗆𝖾𝗑𝗂𝖼𝗈 𝖼𝗂𝗍𝗒 )

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲( 𝗆𝖾𝗑𝗂𝖼𝗈 𝖼𝗂𝗍𝗒 )

"Hey, Jasper. It's me.... again. I just wanted you to know that my mom is sending me away to Mexico for a few weeks.  I told her that Forks reminds me of you and now she thinks I want to leave. I still don't believe that you don't love me anymore. Anyways, tell Rosalie I said hi and that I miss her. Jas, I miss you so much. Please come back home."

Natalia didn't want to go to Mexico. Even though she did tell her mom that she wanted to leave, Natalia didn't think her mom would let her leave at the beginning of the school year. Clearly Natalia was wrong because she was walking through airport security after saying goodbye to her mom and sister.

Natalia didn't like airplanes that much. She felt like that they tried to cram as many people into which ended up making it uncomfortable with the passengers. Landing in the Mexico City airport, Natalia felt rejuvenated. Yes, everything that had happened the past few months would always be in the back of her head but Natalia felt like, here, she could pretend that none of that had happened. When Natalia walked through the gates and saw her abuela waiting for her, she felt like the heartbreak had been worth it.

Natalia and her abuela have always been close. They talked on the phone for hours and when Natalia used to live in Mexico, she would help out at the restaurant everyday. The restaurant, Los Nopals, was family owned. It had been in the family for generations and it was a legacy. Natalia loved the food and working with customers.

Abuela had picked Natalia up and drove to the little town she resided in outside of Mexico City. Stella knew that her mother would help Natalia get out of the little rut she was in. Abuela was the type of person to not take anything from anyone. Whether it was money or attitude, abuela was not having any of it.

When Natalia walked through the front door, all of her family was there to greet her. There was a nig banner that said 'Happy Birthday', and food lined up all on the kitchen counter. TIa's and Tio's, primos, and her abuelo were all there. This made Natalia tear up. The past few weeks had been hard on her emotionally. She had forgotten all of the people she had in her corner.

Natalia's oldest cousins, Maria, had decided to make her on a shopping trip. Natalia and Maria were close going up, only being a year apart in age. This made Natalia feel normal again, going shopping with someone she considered a friend. In the past few weeks Natalia kinda avoided all of her friends outside of school. She didn't want to show it but she was hurting. It was hard to act like her heart hadn't been broken into a million little pieces.

After a few day's Abuela thought that it was time for Natalia to get her hands dirty. SHe had brought her granddaughter to the restaurant so she could work. Natalia put on her apron and started to go around the floor working as a waitress.

"If I knew that Camila wasn't lying when she called her granddaughter beautiful I would have applied for this job earlier." Someone brought Natalia out of her gaze.

She blushed as she looked at the busboy. "Oh really now?"

"I'm not a liar Miss...." He sits down in his basket full of plates and holds out his hand for Natalia to shake it.

"Natalia Ramos." Natalia accepts his handshake.

"Right, you're Stella's daughter." an unnamed boy said.

"Yup." Natalia finished putting in her table order to the kitchen and realized she never got his name. "Hey! What's your name?"

"Javier Santiago." He just winks and goes back to doing his job.

Natalia blushes and looks down at her feet. Sure he was cute but Natalia felt that someone else had her heart.

Natalia worked the rest of the day and ended up getting a good amount of money in tips. She stayed later after her abuela left so she was gonna have to walk home. Natalia walked out the employee door and was met with the dude from earlier. He was standing up against the wall, smoking a cigarette.

"You know that cigarettes are bad for you right?" Natalia broke the silence, making him aware that she was outside.

Javier just laughed and moved his lips so he can take a hit. "I know, but I don't really care. Are you really being a normal teenager if you don't make bad decisions?"

Natalia just pouted. She dropped her bag on the ground and went to stand beside him on the wall. "No, I guess you aren't"

Javier opened his cigarette pack and offered Natalia one. "You want one?"

Natalia looked at him, who was wearing a smirk, and down at the cigarette pack. "Fuck it. Why not."

Javier just smiled and lit one for her. Natalia smiled and took a hit, which she coughed at.

"Did I just give you your first cig?" Javier asks.

Natalia looks at him smiling. She felt like she was breaking the rules, she was starting to love that feeling.

"No." Natalia gave a smile to show that she was lying.

That night Javier took Natalia home. She felt free. Smoking and hanging out with a boy that she had just met. Javier walked her up to the front door and decided to test his limits by kissing her cheek. Natalia blushed and went to her bedroom. Before calling it a night she decided to check her voicemail to see if anyone had called her. No one did.

"Hey Jasper. I just want you to know that I met someone tonight. They are helping me forget you. I hope you are happy."