𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲
( 𝖻𝖾𝖺𝖼𝗁𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗌 )

Natalia woke up extra early so she could be ready for when Mike picked her up

Natalia woke up extra early so she could be ready for when Mike picked her up. She was excited. Back home Natalia would be out every weekend hanging out with friends. She hoped that she would have a good time at the beach.

Natalia got picked up at 10 am sharp. Mike wanted to make sure that Natalia and her mom don't forget about how well mannered. Mike wouldn't admit it but he had always thought that Natalia was pretty but he also knew that he would never have a chance.

The two teenagers arrived at La Push beach. They were welcomed with open arms. Natalia found self drifting to where Angela and Bella were sitting.

"Hey, Bells." Natalia smiled.

"Hey Nat." Bella stayed in the car huddled up.

Natalia took a look at her surroundings. The ocean had a big surf, there weren't a lot of people there, and Eric was trying to impress the girls. 

"So I wanted to invite Edward." Bella whispered in Natalia's ear. "When I mentioned La Push, he got all defensive."

Natalia raised her eyebrow and turned to face the girl. "He probably just doesn't like the beach."

"I don't know Nat--"

"Bella! Just drop it." Natalia warned.

She didn't know what Bella was thinking or why she was trying to create made up scenarios. If something was weird or different about Jasper and his family, he didn't want to know. She liked the direction that her life was going. She didn't want anything or anyone to ruin it, so she put that thought towards the back of her head.

She was listening to Eric, Mike, and Jessica talk about whether they should go surf or not when Anglea decided to speak. "I keep thinking Eric's gonna ask me to prom, then he just.... doesn't"

"You could ask." Bella suggested. Angela starts to blush. " Take control. You're a strong independent woman."

"I am?" Angela looks at Natalia for confirmation.

"Yes you are! And if he says no, you can come with me and we can get our sweet lady kisses on all night!" Natalia tries to joke around.

Angela just shakes her head no at Natalia idea.

Interrupting their girl chat is some boy. "Bella!"

He also comes along with two other boys. He has a big smile when he approaches the girls.

"Okay Bella, with the boys." Natalia made a sly comment.

Bella just ignores what Natalia has to say and introduces the outsiders. "Guys, this is Jacob."

"Hey, how are you guys doing?" He tries to be nice. "Hi." Jessica responds.

Bella goes to have her own conversation with the new boy named Jacob, and Natalia goes back to talking about prom with Angela.

"You guys should keep Bella company. Her date bailed." Jessica teased.

"What date?" Both Eric and Mike have looks of worry on their faces.

"She invited Edward." Jessica laughs.

"To be polite. That's it." Bella looks down in embarrassment.

"I think it's nice she invited him. No one ever does." Anglea defends.

Natalia let out a loud "Me too" to show Bella that she has her back.

"Yeah cause Cullens a freak." Mike interjects.

Natalia just throws a piece of her food at him. He looks at her, wondering why she would do that and Natalia just mouths 'stop being rude.' Mike just rolls his eyes.

"You got that right." A boy that came with Jacob said.

"You guys know him?" Bella asks. Natalia raises an eyebrow trying to figure out her motives.

"The Cullens don't come here." He responds.

Jacob gives his friend a strong look.

A few minutes later Bella pulls Jacob aside and starts to walk along the beach. Bella motions for Natalia to join them which she does.

"What did your friends mean, you know, about the Cullens don't come here?" Bella asked.

Natalia just sighed and waited for Jacobs' answer. "You guys caught that huh? I'm not really supposed to say anything about it."

"So, don't!" Both Jacob and Bella look at her, surprised. "I mean, we wouldn't want to get you in trouble with your tribe."

"But we can keep a secret." Bella does the opposite of what Natalia wanted her to do.

Jacob laugh, clearly showing that he had a crush on Bella. "It's just an old scary story. Did you know the Quileute are supposedly descended fro wolves."

"What? Like wolves... big wolves."

"No Bella, he means mermaids from the ocean." Natalia jokes. Both Bella and Jacob laughed.

"Well, um, that's the legend of our tribe.''

"Okay. So what's the story about the Cullens?"

Jacob goes into storytelling mode. "Well, they're supposedly descended from this, like... 'enemy clan. 'My great great grandfather found the hunting on our land, but they claimed to be different, so we made a treaty with them.. If they promised to stay off Quileute lands, then we wouldn't expose what they really were. The pale faces."

Natalia takes a deep breath, not expecting that to be the story that Jacob was gonna tell.

"I thought the just moved here?" Bella admits.

"Or just moved back." Jacob smiles trying to scare the girls.

Natalia stops moving with the two teenagers. Pale faces, treaties, hunting? Natalia thought. Jacob was implying that something about the Cullens were different, scary even. Natalia ran to catch back up with the group. Both her and Bella share a look, as if they were putting the pieces together. Natalia just spent the rest of the day thinking about one thing.

Vampires.