Chapter 70

"I'm sorry what did you say?" I threw my purse down and walked over to him.

"Your name is Alison, right?" He smiled like he finally knew something. In the pit of my stomach it was happiness almost.

"Um..." I looked at the doctor.

"You got part of that right." I half smiled.

"My name is Spencer, and yes I'm your girlfriend."

He looked at me confused.

"Then why do I remember a girl named Alison?"

"I don't know." I said just as confused as him.

"When can I go home?" He asked.

"Now, I suppose." The doctor said.

"But you have to be very careful what you do and who you associate with."

"Understood." I half grinned.

Both me and the doctor stepped out of Toby's hospital room so he could change. From a hospital gown to his normal everyday clothes.

"How long should this take?" I asked her.

"Hopefully not as long as you think."

"Ugh." I leaned against the wall frustrated as hell as Toby walked out of the room ready to go.

"Ready." He smiled.

"Okay, let's go." I smiled back as he followed me to the car.

The doctor pulled me over for a moment as Toby exited the double doors.

"Good luck. Your gonna need it." She said.

We sat in the car in silence as we drove to his loft.

"So tell me about this place."

"Well, you've lived here forever."

"But, I'm in high school and have an apartment. That's a little strange."

"Okay, you have a step-sister named Jenna and she used to force you to do stuff. Sexual stuff." It pained me to get the words out tears fell from my eyes.

"You don't have to keep going."

"So basically you worked hard at your carpentry job and bought a loft above The Brew. The best coffee shop in town."

"So I'm a carpenter?"

"You were, but now your training to be a cop."

"Nice."

"We're here."

We walked inside the brew and Ezra and Emily were having a fight at the cash register.

"No she's not married!"

"Yes! She is Emily!"

Emily threw down her apron grabbed her purse from under the counter and marched out the door.

Ezra looked up and smiled at us.

"Hey Toby!"

"Hi, who are you?"

"Okay the girl who just marched out is your best friend Emily and this is Ezra The Brew's owner and your old English teacher."

"Nice."

"Let's go upstairs." I pushed him up the spiral staircase and I stayed behind.

"What the hell was that!" I yelled hoping Toby didn't hear.

"Don't worry about it."

"Don't worry about it, you and Em just had a screaming fit at each other."

"I'll tell you later."

"Fine." I spun around and marched upstairs to Toby where he was exploring the loft.

"What do you think?"

"It's cozy." He half smiled.

I laughed.

"Ya, we've made some memories here."

"Tell me about them."

We both sat down on the couch and I told him about how we play Scrabble and he claims to kick my ass. How we watch old movies on the flat screen in the master bedroom. How sometimes we sit outside on the porch and look up at the stars.

"Do you want some tea?" I asked.

"Sure." He said and followed me into the kitchen.

"We've had some good times here. We were really in love." I turned around to walk over to the stove and Toby was right behind me.

"Wo, I didn't see you there." I smiled politely.

He just stared into my eyes.

"Toby?" I asked.

"The way you just talked about us made it sound like I never should let go of you." He paused.

"So that's what I'm gonna do." He smashed his lips on to mine and the box of tea fell from my hands as I wrapped both my arms around his neck and moaned into his mouth.