Chapter 6

I sat uncomfortably next to Toby waiting for everyone to come to the table.
"We're you spying on me?" He whispered in my ear.
"No I was looking for you." I replied with chills going down my spine.
"Your lying."
"No I'm not." I'm not going to let his skillful way with words get the best of me this time.
"I know who you are Spencer, because I know you."
Oh god. I thought.
"Here's the food." His step-mom said entering the dinning room.
"It looks amazing." I said and elbowed Toby in the stomach.
"Yea totally."
"Okay Jenna I'll just pull the chair out for you and you can sit down." I heard a man's voice say from around the corner.
When he entered the room I recognized him almost instantly. Toby's father. From when Toby and I got in trouble at school. Hanging on his right arm was Jenna of course. Ugh I hate her.
"Hello Spencer." He greeted me while pulling the chair out for her.
She sat directly in front of me while Toby's father made her a food from the buffet table behind me and Toby.
Basically it was shouts of "Put that back I'm allergic! Or Ew that's gross how could you cook that!" When he told her what he put on her plate.
"Well Jenna here's your plate, how about instead of causing anymore trouble we go ahead and dig in."
"Good idea dad." Toby said and glared at Jenna with her temperamental mouth and judgment.
"So Spencer. Has Toby met your family?"
"Yes." I politely reply instead of saying many times.
Toby smiled awkwardly and everyone I guess got the message we didn't want to talk about it.
"Well feel free to always be yourselves around us." His step-mom said.
"Yes please." Jenna said sarcastically twirling a forkful of spaghetti.
"I'm sorry say that again." I said shocked.
"Spencer." Toby said leaning back in his chair.
"If your parents aren't tolerant of you two your always welcome here."
"No my mom is plenty tolerant of us so don't think you need to invite us over thinking that she's going to kick me out onto your door step. If someone got kicked out it was your son. After he cheated on me with my worst enemy and the worlds biggest bitch! But sure he apologizes. But his not getting my forgiveness. You can't unlove but you also can't forget." Toby looked at me with water building up in his eyes and I'm sure I had the same.
"I'm sorry I ruined your dinner Mr. And Mrs. Cavanaugh it was delicious. Jenna." I said and stormed out of the room with Toby on my heels.
"Toby leave me alone."
"What are you looking for?" He asked as I searched the living room.
"My purse, then I'm going to go home, next take a bath, and then go to bed. If you needed my agenda since your always so worried."
"I am."
"It's not here." I said running my fingers through my hair.
"If I find it I'll bring it to you."
"Alright."
"Goodnight Spencer." He said and shut the door behind me.
I walked back over to my house and shut the door behind me.
"Ugh home sweet home."
I walked upstairs to my bathroom and ran a hot bath and undressed.
'Well at least something relaxing came out of the day.' I thought.
I walked down stairs to make some hot tea when there was a knock on the door.
"Look what I found." Toby said smiling.
"Where did you find it?" I grinned.
"In my room interesting story actually."
I laughed at the way he narrated his voice.
"What?"
"Get in here it's cold out."
"I can't."
"Why."
"Because thou shall not enter ex girlfriends house."
"Ex girlfriend says thou shall other wise." I said and pulled him in.