Chapter 87

She explain to me how her parents wanted her to get an abortion and almost kicked her out so she finally had, had enough and ran out.

"Here." I walked over to my purse and got out the keys to my apartment and handed them to her.

"You can stay as long as you need to."

"Thank you." She wrapped me in a hug and walked out the door claiming she needed some sleep.

"I need an aspirin." I laid my head back on the couch.

"I'll get you one."

"No wait."

"Hmmm?"

"Can I see your scar again."

"Spence, I don't know if that's such a good idea."

"Please."

He sighed and lifted his shirt revealing the scar.

I gasped.

"I told you it was a bad idea." And he pulled the fabric back down.

I looked down at my bare feet thinking somehow in a way him loosing his memory was all my fault.

I felt two hands touch mine and help me to my feet.

"Spencer, you had nothing to do with this."

"But Andrew is in love with me. I am somehow at fault."

"Do you want to tell the police?"

"You are the police."

"Not yet, technically."

"I just can't stop thinking about how terrible this is, and how you almost died in the hospital. Toby, you can't, not think that this is somehow my fault."

"Well I don't, okay."

I let out a huge sigh because I was so miserable.

"How about this, you and I can drive up to the coast and spend the rest of the weekend as a vacation. Almost like a birthday vacation."

"I don't know with Aria...." He cut me off.

"Aria will be fine for two days. You can just tell her when you go to pick up your things."

"Okay, fine. Just you and me for our romantic vacation."

He walked to the bedroom to start packing his things and stopped at the doorway.

"Spencer?"

"Yeah?"

"Have we actually 'done it' yet?

"Done what....oooooh that."

"Yeah that."

"What'a wanta hear champ?" I picked up my purse, hurried out the door and headed to my apartment.