Chapter 4

To my surprise I walked over to my phone no matter how mad or pissed I was I am at him I answered it.
"Hello." I croaked.
"Spence."
"No that's unfair you don't get to call me that."
"Sorry Spencer."
"Toby what's this about? Cause your damn lucky I picked up the phone."
"I know. Thank you for that. Anyway you know that dinner my parents expect us to show up to."
"I've heard of it." I replied picking at my chipped manicure.
Gosh I have to get my nails done after this I need to call Hanna.
"We'll do you mind coming? I mean you don't have to. It just my parents expect it and stuff so."
"Fine."
"You'll do it."
"Yes I'll be there at seven."
"Thank you."
"Don't thank me."
"Why?"
"No matter how pissed I am at you I owe this to myself."
"Alright I'll see you at seven." He said with his voice much softer.
"Alright."
"Goodbye."
7'o clock:
I walked up the Cavanaugh's driveway and Toby stepped out of his truck.
"What are you doing?" I said crossing my arms.
"They don't know we broke up."
"Oh, so what are you going to clue in making out with Ali."
"Spencer."
"Yea, that or how bout us sleeping together!" I shouted.
"Would you keep your voice down please." He said calmly.
"Don't tell me what to do." I said quieting down.
"Okay, okay." He said backing off in defense.
"So what your saying is we have to fake it for a couple hours then we're done."
"Then I'll tell them that we broke up tomorrow."
"Fine." I said and grabbed his hand lacing our fingers together.
"Let's go." He said and we walked up to the front porch and rang the door bell.
A lady with brown hair who's gray roots were starting to show through and dark blue eyes who I was assuming was Toby's step mother answered the door.
"Hello. Oh my Toby we haven't seen you in ages!" She said pulling him out of my grasp and into a great big bear hug getting flour from her apron all over his plaid blue button up.
"Yep." He said unsurely and I let out a small giggle.
"Oh and you must be Spencer." She said clasping her hands over her mouth.
"Toby you were right she is even more gorgeous than you described her to be."
He started to blush.
'Awww' I thought. 'Stop it Spencer he's the betrayer.'
She grabbed both my hands and spread them out like wings and placed a kiss on each of my cheeks.
"Well you two come on inside."