Chapter 73

I turned my key into the lock of Toby's loft and saw him lying on the couch.

"Hey Tobes."

"Hey." He said plainly.

"Hey, are you okay?" I walked over and got down on my knees so my face was inches from his.

"I guess." He sighed.

I pushed some of his hair back which had been plastered to his forehead.

"Did you just wake up?"

"Okay, so you left to tend to the girls. So I like a normal guy was tired so decided to take a nap. But I got lost in this dream."

"Was it a nightmare?"

He shook his head no.

"It was me, and you, and a bunch of other people in this house. We were sitting at a big table and this guy yelled out "Christmas chicken." We put on matching Santa hats. Everyone clapped there hands and dug into this huge meal. We were smiling and having a great time, then I woke up."

A tear rolled down my cheek.

"I think I know exactly what your talking about come on." I took his hand and he followed me out the door.

"Where are we going?" He asked on the drive over.

"You'll see."

We pulled up and someone had put a new for sale sign in the front yard. We both got out of the car and stood in front of my old house.

"Do you remember this place? At all?" I asked hopefully.

Toby tilted his head and walked around to the back door.

"Toby where are you going?" I yelled after him leaving footprints in the snow.

He bent down and got the spare key underneath the old welcome mat.

Flashback:

"You busy?" Andrew Campbell asked me as I opened my back door.

"Yeah, I was just about to put out a new mat that said go away." I said as I rolled my eyes at him.

Flashback over:

I smiled at the crappy memory.

"I still need a new mat."

"Ehh...I like the old one." Toby smiled walking in the abandoned house.

"There was a white couch here, that we use to make out on all the time." He turned to me and smiled.

"Yep."

"And your mom almost caught us once when it was getting really heated."

"Ooooooh yeah." I looked down at my snow boots.

Flashback:

"She even gave my name to an architect she knows."

"That's great."

"Spencer...."

"Hmmm?" I asked as I busily typed away on my laptop.

"Your doing it again."

"I'm sorry, I've just had so much on my plate. I have this report due on Monday."

"Okay, okay I get it. I'll let you work. I'll just sit next to you and I'll watch you type. I'll be very quiet."

"Okay."

He smiled as he watched me closely.

"I...." He stopped me by connecting his lips with mine.

"That's not....distracting..at...all." I said between kisses.

"Just so you know." I smiled against his lips as my laptop fell to the floor thank god for the rug.

I slid underneath him and he hovered over me. I tilt my neck as he moved my hair out of the way planting kisses there that I was praying wouldn't leave a hickey.

I ran my hand up the back of his t-shirt. Digging my nails into his back.

"Spence..." He moaned.

"Yeah." I bit my lip as he looked up into my eyes.

He raised my shirt above my head almost pulling it all the way off when we heard a key in the front door.

"Shit." We said at the same time.

We both hopped of one another and fixed our clothing and hair to make it at least some what look like we hadn't been attacking each other for the past half hour.

"Spencer!" My mom yelled.

"Yeah. In here!"

"Oh, hello Toby."

"Hi, Mrs.Hastings how's it going?"

"Oh, I've had better days."

Toby and I looked at each other puzzled.

"Did Melissa call?"

"No, is Melissa okay?"

"I don't think okay really applies into her situation does it?"

I felt ashamed of myself for asking that question. Because I should of known the type of response I'd get.

"Will you be joining us for dinner, Toby?" My mother asked raising one eyebrow.

"Well..I..was..sure" His stuttering was me placing my hand on his thigh. So he agreed. But he gave me a this is going to be very awkward look after.

Flashback over:

He laughed to himself and walked over to me. His tall figure towering over me.

"My memory maybe gradually coming back. But your one thing that I'll never forget."

"Even if I have to remind you sometimes." I grinned.

"You totally just ruined the moment Spencer."

I laughed as he wrapped me in a warm hug because the heat in the house didn't work.

"Hey."

"Hmm?" He asked.

"I can makeup for that loss of a moment."

"Oh really how so?"

I stood on my tip toes and touched my lips with his.

"Better?"

"Ehh? For now."

I giggled and pressed my lips to his again and he turned around and pressed me against the wall pinning my arms behind my head.

I moaned into his mouth as my back slammed into the wall. I ran my fingers up the back of his neck and through his hair.

The sound of a key turning in the front door brought us to a sudden halt.

"Crap!" I whispered.

"What do we do?" He asked.

"Run!" I pulled his arm upstairs.

"And this is the living room. Hard wood floors and a wood burning fireplace." The realtor of the house said to a couple who was obviously interested.

"Did you know today was an open house Spence?"

"No, not really." I shook my head as we listened in to the conversation.

Hello Spobians!
it's a snow day!!!!!❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
I'm so happy!!!
Anyway I want to thank y'all for all your baby names that you came up with.
Live, Love❤️, Spoby!!!!!
Love y'all Spobians!!
Kisses😘, -🅰