Chapter 40

"How why, how did you get here." I asked him wrapping my arms around his neck.
"I had a little help from Santa's elves." I laughed at his witty comment.
I felt like I could finally breathe again.
"But I can't stay long. Your mom and everyone else gets back soon." I nodded.
He ran his hand down the side of my face and I closed my eyes at his touch.
"Please stay." I said holding his hand in place.
"I can't."
"Did you drive?"
"Yeeeessss." He said shakily.
"Then let's go somewhere."
"Okay." He held my hand as we walked over to the window and watched Melissa's car pull in the driveway.
"Shit!"
"It's okay." He said trying to calm me down.
"I'll go out first then I'll catch you."
"Alright."
He easily swung from branch to branch and landed on the ground.
"Wo...what are you part monkey?"
He laughed at me.
"Alright now slowly make your way down."
"Almost there...made it." I said as I landed in his arms.
He softly smiled at me and slid his hands off my waist and walked towards his truck.
Ever since I've moved something's changed between us.
He's distant like he's here but he's not.
I closed the truck's door behind me and he went to start the truck but I stopped him.
"What?" He looked at me.
I quickly connected our lips together and then climbed onto his lap. At first he was kissing back but then he seemed to loose interest.
"I knew it." I said letting go.
"Knew what?" He asked confused.
"So do you not want to be with me anymore Toby because that what it sure as hell feels like."
"No, of course not Spence I love you so much and you know that."
"Then why have you been so distant?"
"That letter that you put in my back pocket." He started to say.
I just nodded.
"Spence how could you write something like that? It was like you were ready, and wanted to leave me."
"It just felt right at the time."
"And now." He questioned me with longing sad eyes.
"I just want you to take me somewhere and......" He stopped me in the middle of my sentence.
"That I can do." He said placing a gentle kiss on my lips then buckling his seat belt as I did mine too.
I waited in the truck as he checked into the motel. I checked me phone for any missed calls from my mom, Melissa, or anyone but nope. Toby came back and opened my door.
"Did you get a room?"
"Yep, room...214." Toby's phone rang in his back pocket and he answered it.
"Hanna. This isn't a good time."
"Well not for me either but could you tell me where the hell you are cause covering for you is going a little overboard." She argued.
"I decided to spend the night in Indiana."
"Oh...sorry if I interrupted anything." She laughed.
"No your fine, we weren't doing anything."
"Oh." She almost sound disappointed.
"Yet." And he pressed the end button.
Toby unlocked the door and we walked in. I giggled from over hearing their earlier coversation.
"What?" He smiled at me.
"We,weren't doing anything. Yet." I mocked him.
"You were listening?"
"Maybeee...." I trailed off while walking backwards.
"You mean to tell me. That you were listening?"
I grinned and nodded.
He ran over and picked me up by my legs and I screamed.
"Hey! Hey!" I screamed wrapping my arms around his neck.
He kissed me along my collarbone and I moaned.
He put his finger over my lips "Shhh....we don't want to wake the neighbors now do we."
"I guess your right that probably wouldn't be a very nice Christmas present."
He nodded in agreement.
"Butttt......right now I'm thinking who the hell cares!"

🎅Merry Christmas🎄everybody well to those who celebrate it! Hope you've enjoyed my last two chapters they've been my favorite to write! Anyway Happy Holidays and keep up the comments and suggestions on what should happen next!

I love you guys! Kisses💋-🅰