Chapter 52

She stood up speechless.

"I never made you out to be a cheater Toby." Her eyes staring in mine.

"Nether did I." I admitted quietly.

"But I knew something was going on."

"You did?" I asked standing up.

She nodded.

"Ever since she got into town, you've been distant, distracted. Like your here but not. I understand if you two want to be together. It seems like you always find your way back to each other."

"But that's the thing, it was an accident." I said.

"Toby. Sleeping with someone. That's not an accident."

"It was just in the heat of the moment." Spencer spoke up.

"Besides, I leave tomorrow."

"Oh." Kati said.

"Well, Toby I love you but I'm going to need time to think about this." She pulled tissues out of her purse and wiped underneath her left eye.

"Ya, I understand."

She nodded and walked out the door.
Once she was gone I had my formal talk with Spencer.

Spencer's POV:

"What the hell were you thinking!" He yelled.

"Excuse me?"

"Barging in here like that? And also that door was locked what the hell?" I walked over and examined the knob.

"She needed to know."

"Ha." He laughed.

"What's so funny?" I asked him.

"I actually thought since you left and dumped me, I had a chance with a person I actually liked. But you just had to come back and ruin it."

"Me! You were there too! Equal partners in this last time I checked."

"You know what Spencer. Tomorrow when you fly home to Indiana and have all those people saying goodbye to you at the airport, I won't be one of them."

"Why?" I started to break down.

"Because I will be apologizing over and over to Kati until she forgives me. For cheating on her with you." He walked to his bedroom and slammed the door shut and locked it behind him.

I walked out the front door and slid down it with tears pouring out of my eyes. I heard the door lock behind me making me cry harder.

"Spencer?" Caleb asked walking up the stairs to the loft.

"Hey." I wiped my tears on my sleeve.

"Why are you crying? Especially in front of Toby's door."

"Ask him he has all the answers." I got up and walked past him down the stairs.

"No, I'm asking you."

"Well, it's kinda of a long story."

"I've got time. Do you want to sit?"

I nodded.