Chapter 86

"Toby?" I entered his loft in search of him but all the lights were off.

"Toby? Where are you? Because if your trying to surprise me your going to scare me." I said while looking around for a light switch.

There was no answer.

"Hello?" I turned on the flashlight on my phone and went into the bedroom and looked around.

I heard a smash behind me.

"Toby?" I wimpered.

CRASHES, AND BANGS!

We're coming from all directions.

I ran out of the bedroom and out the front door. Then colliding into Toby.

I screamed in panic not knowing it was him.

"Hey, hey, calm down." He pulled me to his chest while I was still shaking.

"What are you doing here?"

"You told me to get my cute ass over."

"I just went down stairs to get a sandwich for both of us. What happened?" He asked while going to open the door.

"No! No! Don't..." I panicked.

The lights were on and everything was perfectly placed like nothing had happened.

"But all those loud crashes and bangs."

"Maybe it was your imagination."

"I hope."

"Why don't you sit down, and we can enjoy the rest of your birthday together."

"Sounds good to me."

He went to his bedroom and got a box with a pink ribbon on it.

"Sorry I can't wrap."

I laughed.

"I thought we agreed no presents?"

"Oh well."

I opened the box and it was an S scrabble piece with diamonds placed around it on a silver chain.

"I love it."

"Here, I'll help you put it on." He said while connecting the two parts of the chain as I lifted my hair up.

I turned around to face him and he leaned into to kiss me but I stopped him.

"Toby...."

"What, what's wrong?"

"How much memory have you gained back."

"Hardly any, why?"

"Well, I went to Caleb's..."

"I know."

"You do?"

"Yeah." He messed with his fingers.

"Then let's go tell the police right now!"

"What why?" He asked puzzled.

"Toby! Andrew shot you we have to tell the police!"

"WHAT!"

"What do you mean what? I thought you knew?"

"No I knew you were at Caleb's. Hanna told me."

"Oh,"

Then there was a knock at the door.
Toby walked over and opened it revealing a very pregnant Aria.

She had no makeup on with her jet black hair falling down in front of her eyes and gluing to her face where her tears fell. She wore a gray over sized t-shirt with brown leggings and black ankle boots.

"Spencer, can I stay at your place tonight. Or here. I'm forbidden to see Ezra and Hanna went to the beach with Caleb for the weekend. I'm just so stressed. I'm pretty sure my family wants to disown me." She cried.

"Wo, wo Aria slow down. Come in and sit down and I'll make you some tea." I coaxed her inside and Toby handed her a Kleenex box.

She sat down on the couch and wiped underneath her eyes.

"Well," She began.

"Here's how it all started...."