Chapter 62

Toby was cooking dinner and I walked over to the radio and turn on 107.5. 'Shake it off' by Taylor Swift came on the radio. She wasn't my favorite artist but the tune was something you could dance to. I laughed and turned it up.

"Really Spence?"

"Ya!" I started twirling around the living room and he started laughing.

I walked over to him and pulled his arm over to the living room with me.

"Are you drunk?"

"What? No." I said slightly offended.

He spinned me around in circles and we both laughed. We got lost in the music as we stared into each others eyes. The song ended and another one started to play. I listenend carefully to Harry Styles' voice as he sang the lyrics to 'You and I'.

"You and I,

We don't want to be like them.

We can make it 'till the end.

Nothing can come between,

You and I.

Not even the Gods above can seperate the two of us.

No, nothing can come between,

You and I.

Oh, you and I."

We danced around then fell backwards on to the couch. Toby kissed the tip of my nose making my giggle.

"I haven't told you have I?" He asked.

"Told me what?"

"I'm valedictorian." He smiled.

"What! Toby! That's such great news!" I smashed my lips on to his.

"Ya, Hackett told me this morning."

"Are you going to let me read your speech?" I smiled.

"Nope." He popped the p.

"Why not?"

"Because, I'm not letting anyone read it. It's going to be one of those surprise speeches that's makes everyone cry at graduation."

"Oh okay."

"Hey, you'll love it. I promise."

"I know I will. I just can't wait to see Caleb cry."

He laughed at my witty comment. I looked to my right and the stove had gone up in flames.

"Ah Toby?"

"Ya?"

"I think your signature dish. Has decided to become flambé."

"What?" He looked up at the fire.

"Oh shit." He shot up off me and ran towards the kitchen to put out the fire.

"How bout we just go out to eat?" He asked while taking off the oven mits.

"Sounds good." I grabbed my purse and headed for the door.

I know short chapter. I've had a bit of writers block on this book lately. Anyway I've come up with a few surprises for y'all. So surprise!
Sorry I haven't been updating as frequently. I been super busy. Note to all of you below high school level: Enjoy childhood!
Love y'all too pieces Spobians!!!!
Kisses😘-🅰