Chapter 2

Toby's POV:
I hate Alison I really hate her. I know hate is a strong word but it's the word I would use to describe her that for sure.
"So why are you so interested in Spencer?" Alison asked me as she followed me to my locker.
"Is that really any of your business?"
"I'm just curious." She said and itched her thigh drawing my attention away from Spencer.
I coughed "Why are you following me around like a lost puppy?"
"I'm not lost or a puppy, I'm new here and I thought you might could show me around."
"You came back 3 months ago."
"Yea meaning I'm still newish to the territory." She said moving her hand from side to side.
I rolled my eyes.
"Look I'm not trying to flirt with you or break you and Spencer up okay. I just don't have a lot of friends."
'I wonder why' I thought.
Her blue eyes darkened after the words left her mouth.
Honestly I felt kinda bad for her but if I was friends with her Spencer would most likely hate me for it.
"I'm meeting some friends for lunch so I have to go."
"Okay." She smiled.
I walked away "Weird." I mumbled.
"Wait! You dropped your phone." Alison called after me but I didn't hear her at all.
I left her smirking in the hallway.
I sat out in the courtyard waiting for Caleb so he could drive all of us to whatever restaurant the girls choose.
"Toby." Alison said walking over to me this time with a sweater on covering her up more.
God the sweater is longer than her cheer outfit.
"What Alison."
"Look I'm not here to nag you. You dropped your cell phone."
"No, I didn't my phone is right..."
She smiled.
"Here."
"Thanks." I said taking it from her grasp.
"Toby I do have feelings for you."
"I know." I said looking down at the glowing screen.
"But you don't feel the same do you because of Spencer." She nodded messing with a loose thread on her sweater.
"Yes Alison."
"I completely understand." She said looking down.
"You should go back inside it supposed to rain soon." I said leaning against the wall between two bushes.
"Ha." She laughs.
"What's so funny?"
"Here I am gushing my feelings to you and here you are talking about the damn weather. Wow Toby that's just amazing." She said crossing her arms.
"Well I don't know what else to say." I shrugged.
"Then why don't we just don't talk at all." She said walking towards me.
"What are you talking abo..." And all the sudden she kissed me.
It was like a foreign feeling not like kissing Spencer it was different.
"Alison stop." I said against her warm lips I had this sudden urge to kiss her back even though I knew it was wrong it felt so right.
"Come on Toby forget about her for five minutes."
"No Alison." I said pushing her off me.
"Toby?" I heard a voice call out.
Alison grabbed both of my hands and placed them on her hips holding them in place.
"Tobes." Spencer I thought.
"Toby!"
"Tob..Alison you scared me......." Oh she's not alone.
"TOBY!"
She screamed when she saw us together and that's when I knew that was Alison's plan all along.
Present times:
"Spencer." I swear it's not what you think. I said following her back inside ruffling through my hair.
"Oh really then what was it seeing you make out with that bitch!"
"She tricked me Spence."
"Really cause it sure didn't look like it." She said holding her ground. I could tell she was close to tears.
"I may have hit my head a little but I sure ain't seeing things! And what if I hadn't of found you?"
"I would have told you. And what do you mean you hit your head?" I looked at her weary eyed.
"You know right now I'm not interested in what bullshit you throw in my face." She breathed in.
"What exactly are you saying?" I asked crossing my arms.
"It's over."
"No it can't be." I said my lip quivering.
"Then you should have thought about us before making such a bold move." This isn't happening. I can't believe I did this.
"But Spencer I love you." I shouted after her.
"You made a promise to me but you broke it." She said as her voice cracked.
I looked down realizing what I had done was true.
"I trusted you, but not anymore."
I looked up at her unsure if what she had said was true or not but it was and she meant it.
I watched her walked away in tears and it broke me.
I wanted to kiss away the tears and tell her every thing would be okay but this isn't okay.
I wanted to chase after her but the mess I made was all ready to big.
Because I had made a promise and I broke it.
Why was I such a screw up?