Chapter 2: Day 1 at Camp Cretaceous

-Gabriella's POV-

I wake up to the sound of what I think are birds or some kind of dinosaur, anyway, I get up and hop off my bed to find most of the group has left the room. I notice Ben was still in his bed which was below mine.

"Morning Ben!" I say

Ben whined and turned over in his bed so that he was facing the wall "what's the matter?" I ask before sitting on the edge of his bed. "I don't want to be here! I just wanna go home!" He replied.

"Look, I know this place might seem scary for two reasons. One being us living with dinosaurs, and the other is not knowing anybody--"

"I know Dave and Roxie"

"They're just our camp counsellors. But my point is, you can hangout with me all day if you would like?" I asked, trying to be comforting.

I get off his bed before grabbing up my clothes from my suitcase and as I was about to leave the room to go into the bathroom next door I heard Ben's voice say.

"T-t-thank you, umm..."

"Oh! I'm Gabriella, but you can call me Gabby, and you're welcome" I reply.

I go into the bathroom and changed out of my pyjamas and into my clothes for today's adventure, after changing I leave the bathroom and went back into my bedroom to put my pyjamas on my pillow.

"G-G-Gabby, can I-I ask you s-something?" I hear a voice say.

I turn around and saw it was Ben "sure" I replied, smiling, Ben had changed out of his pyjamas and into the same clothes he was wearing yesterday. He looked nervous about what he wanted to say, he was fiddling with his hands and his cheeks were going red.

"I w-was thinking about w-w-what you t-t-told me before. And I-I-I was w-wondering i-i-if y-you w-would like t-t-to be m-m-my friend?"

Awwww, he stutters when he's nervous.

"I would like that. Come on, let's go see what we're doing today" I replied.

We leave the room to go join the rest of the group "alright campers, are you ready for an adventure today?" Dave asks us. Everyone except for Ben gave a enthusiastic response.

"Okay, let's go!"

We follow Dave and Roxie out before getting into a jeep and driving off somewhere, Ben was sitting next to me on my left while Brooklynn was sitting next to me on my right.

"Hey I don't think we were properly introduced. I'm Brooklynn, what's your name?"

"Gabriella"

She pulls out her phone and starts filming herself "hey Brooklanders! I'm here with someone knew this time, her name is Gabriella" she turns points her phone in my direction.

I shyly wave at the camera.

"How did you get into Camp Cretaceous?" Brooklynn asked me.

"Well, my Dad is a famous palaeontologist who has written books about dinosaurs. He also works part time here at Jurassic World's Raptor enclosure with my uncle who is a Raptor trainer" I replied.

"Very interesting. Do you have any hobbies that doesn't include dinosaurs?"

"Well, I can dance - my favourite style of dance is ballet, second favourite will have to be Irish dancing. Oh and I can sing too, and I can play guitar and drums"