Chapter 15: Flashback

-Gabriella's POV-

My Dad is taking me with him so I can meet some baby Velociraptors that have recently hatched, at first he wasn't fine with the thought of me being there but Uncle Owen said that I could come.

"Perfect timing! They have just been fed" said Uncle Owen, after Dad and I arrived.

Uncle Owen leads us to a glass window and we see four baby Velociraptors running around the room on the other side. "What do you think, Gabby?" Dad asked.

"They're so cute and small" I replied.

"They're small at the moment, but they'll soon grow up to be taller than your Dad and I" said Uncle Owen.

"Do they have names?" I asked.

"Yes they do. Delta, Echo, Charlie, and Blue. Blue is the one that fascinates me. Unlike the other three she shows intelligence, empathy, and curiosity"

"Wow"

"You wanna meet her?"

"Will it be safe?"

"Don't worry, I'll be with you. Blue is the only one I feel comfortable enough with to let you meet her"

Uncle Owen leads me inside the room after the other three were taken to another room, the door closes behind us. He then kneels down before telling me to come around, I do as I'm told and I kneel down too.

Blue comes over slowly "watch this" Uncle Owen then pretends to shy away and cry "I'm OK" he says after Blue walks up to him to see if he was OK.

"You try. I wanna see if she'll do the same, or if she'll act differently because she doesn't know you"

"Okay"

I lowered my head and pretended to cry, soon after I felt something touch my hand so I looked up and saw it was Blue. "I'm OK, see?" I tell her.

She nudges my hand and I, cautiously pet her, it seems she liked chin scratches. When I stopped petting her because I was talking to Uncle Owen, Blue jumped on me causing me to sit on my butt. Blue sat on my lap and snuggled up to me.

Uncle Owen and I laugh.

I continue petting Blue "I think she likes you" my uncle laughs, I look over at the glass window and see my Dad and a few other people looking at me.

**a few years later**

School is finally over for the day and now I'm catching a bus to Jurassic World where my Dad works at, my uncle also works there as well. My Dad and uncle both think I'll make a good Raptor trainer because all four Velociraptors seem to love me.

"Hey, look who it is" I heard Uncle Owen say.

"School just finished, and I thought to come here"

"You came at the right time" said Dad.

"Why?"

Both my Dad and uncle looked at each other, nodded, then looked back at me.

"You're gonna be the one to feed the Raptors" replied Uncle Owen.

"WHAT?!? Dad, is he for real?"

"Well, there's only one way to find out if you'll make a good Raptor trainer. And that's to get you to feed our Raptors" replied Dad.

Uncle Owen and Dad take me to the top of the enclosure and I saw the four Raptors in the enclosure below us, just minding their own business.

"First thing you need to do is to get their attention"

I whistled and that got their attention "lunch time" then I went ahead and tossed down a dead rat to each of the four Raptors, Delta, Charlie, Echo, and Blue.

I looked back at Dad and Uncle Owen to see they looked surprised but my Dad had a hint of proudness on his face. "You make it look so easy" Uncle Owen said.

"Only because I was taught from the best"

Dad and Uncle Owen leave the platform, I was gonna follow but then I fell into the enclosure because one of the little platform things came loose.

"GABBY!"

I gasped as I saw Blue, Delta, Echo, and Charlie slowly approaching me - it kinda looks like they're about to attack. I back away slowly before slowly getting onto my feet.

Blue walks right up to me, I hold out my hand so she could sniff it, once she sniffed it she knew exactly who it was. Blue lowered her head and pushed it up against my chest, I began petting her.

Delta, Charlie, and Echo looked at each other before walking right up to me and sniffing me and then they realised who it is. I'm now surrounded by Raptors who want my attention.

"Umm, Gabby? You wanna come out of there or do you wanna stay and hang out with the girls?"

"Umm..."

Blue, Delta, Charlie, and Echo were clearly excited to see me so how could I not want to spend some time with them. "I think I'll stay for a bit" I replied. After a few minutes go by I'm sitting down with the four Raptors laying down around me.

People at school don't believe that I have this tremendous bond with four Velociraptors, they think I'm just making it up just to 'make myself look cool'.

If only they knew then I wouldn't be getting bullied, then again I can always let Blue, Charlie, Delta, and Echo at them. But then I'd probably be in trouble for murder so I think it'll be a good idea not to do that.

"Gabriella? Is that you?" I hear a familiar voice say.

I look up and see one of my classmates who bully me standing there with her friends "oh, hi" I replied, I'd like to think I've now proven to her that I do have a bond with four Velociraptors.

"Would you like to join us?" I asked.

"Are they friendly?"

"To me they are, but to strangers they're not"

"Uhh... I think I'll pass"

They walk away to leave me alone with Blue, Delta, Echo, and Charlie. I smile to myself, knowing I'm gonna be asked questions tomorrow at school referring to my friendship with the Raptors.