Chapter 53: A Broken Friendship

-Gabriella's POV-

A group of BRADs take us away, the Kons follow us to the nursery pen where they locked us in the pen. "You're just as bad as Kash" said Sammy. Kenji just stands looking at us with disappointment on his face.

"Enough. This is for your own good. You've proven you can't be trusted to roam freely. Besides, it's only for a few days while we meet our new buyer on Isla Nublar" Mr. Kon says.

"Nublar? Are you seriously gonna let this happen?" Darius asked Kenji.

"This can't be what you really want, Kenji" said Brooklynn.

"Save it. None of you care what I want. [SCOFFS]. I'm done with you guys" Kenji replied.

"But we're family" said Sammy.

"No, we're not. You all went out of your way to prove that today"

The Kons walk through the automatic door and leave the room.

Darius looked at a laptop screen from inside the pen we were locked inside of. Yaz decided to do some sit-ups to get her mind off of things. Sammy, Brooklynn, Ben, and I were sitting down. Ben was too occupied with the boomerang shaped stick he found to notice that I was looking at him. I sigh and look over at Brooklynn who seemed upset so I go up to her and sit next to her.

"Hey. You okay?" I asked.

"He left us" she said.

Yaz stops doing sit-ups and listened to Brooklynn.

"I can't believe he just left us" Brooklynn buries her face in her arms that were wrapped around her knees.

Sammy comes over and sits down next to Brooklynn on the other side and rests her hand on her shoulder. Then Brooklynn looks up and starts talking again.

"I don't get it" said Brooklynn.

"Why would Kenji do this?" Yaz wondered.

Ben sighs.

"You think you know a guy" he says.

"Yeah, what you all said" said Sammy.

Sammy turns to look at Darius.

"What do you think Dar..."

"Four, three, two, one"

Just then a BRAD walks into the room and scans the area, a beeping noise was heard from the BRAD. "All accounted for" it said before turning away and left the room. Once the door closed Darius turns to us.

"All right, guys. That BRAD patrols every half hour. Which means we have thirty minutes to find a way outta here" Darius tells us.

We get up from the ground and started looking for a exit.

Sammy and Brooklynn tried opening the door with their hands

"Come on!" Sammy says, grunting.

"Open!" Brooklynn grunts.

Both Sammy and Brooklynn give up, grumbling and panting. Yaz was holding up Ben as he tried reaching for the vent. "Oh, uh, a little to the left. Yeah, okay, maybe if I can get my foot on this I..." Ben says, trying to put his foot onto something but slips.