Chapter 24: Who Are They?

-Gabriella's POV-

After watching Blue run off into the jungle, the others and I headed to the boat. On the way back to the boat Ben wanted to say something so we stopped to let him say what it was he wanted to say. "I can walk with you guys to the boat, but uhh... I'm actually going to be staying here on the island" said Ben.

"You're not coming with us?" Sammy asked.

Suddenly all eyes were on me.

"If he wants to stay then that's his decision" I say, feeling a little hurt.

I turn around and ended up being in front of the group, hugging myself and sobbing silently. Once we got back to the dock I stayed in the back as everyone else said goodbye and hugged Ben. After they broke away from the hug they headed for the boat, I was going to follow but Ben stopped me.

"Baby, please"

I turn around to face him before moving his hand off me "no! I can't believe you would do this. You promised me that you will never leave me again, yet, here we are. Do you remember that? Do you also remember that I told you that I don't like jerks? Well guess what? That's what you're acting like right now, a jerk!" I say with tears in my eyes.

"Look, I know you're upset about my decision, but--"

"Oh fuck off! Don't bother trying to get me to see your point of view or try to get me to stay with you. It's not going to work. I'm leaving! Have a nice life"

I get on the boat and sat at the table with everyone except Kenji because he was the one driving the boat, a little while after we had left the dock we heard a familiar voice calling out to us from the dock.

"Kenji, stop the boat!" Darius says, Kenji stops the boat. I turn around and I see Ben running down on the dock before watching him dive into the ocean and swimming over to the boat.

Darius and Brooklynn go over to the edge of the boat and pulled Ben up onto the boat. Kenji comes down the ladder as Yaz and Sammy get up to go see Ben.

"I guess, now that I've found myself on the island I can take that new found self somewhere else now" said Ben.

He looks around at them and realises that almost everyone doesn't look surprised to see him.

"You don't look surprised to see me" he says.

"We knew you would change your mind" said Brooklynn.

"But we didn't know you would go diving into the ocean though" said Kenji, ruffling Ben's hair.

"I--" Darius cuts off Ben.

"Needed to come to it on your own without someone trying to tell you how you should feel. Took you long enough!"

"Seriously! No one could have clued me in? Oh well!"

Sammy hugs Ben and Darius.

"Don't worry, Sammy. You're not the only one who didn't know" I spoke up.

Ben breaks away from the hug and slowly approaches me. "Gabby, you have every right to be upset with me, and I am so sorry for not putting your feelings into consideration before going through with my decision earlier. From now on I will try my hardest to put your feelings first before doing anything. You mean the world to me and I will do anything to make you happy" Ben says, kneeling down in front of me.

I don't say anything, I just sit there with my arms folded whilst facing another direction. Ben sighs. I then feel him touch my arm "please, just say something" I hear him say.

I look at him and I was about to open my mouth and say something when a bright light suddenly was shining down on us. "You on the boat. Return to the dock and cut the engine. Immediately!" A female voice was heard. "Who are these guys?" Darius asked.

The female voice repeated the instructions, up top Kenji gets all excited.

"We're saved!" We hear him say.

"Are we?" Darius wondered.

"Wait! Kenji!"

We follow Darius up the ladder and into the room where Kenji is. Darius stops the boat and talks to Kenji. "I'm not really getting good guy vibes, Kenj" Darius says to Kenji.

"Oh I'm sorry, what else are you gonna use to save a bunch of kids from a dinosaur infested island? Kick!" Kenji replied.

"He does have a point" says Ben.

"The sea is pretty rough" said Sammy.

Darius sighs then looks at us.

"Right. Take our chances with the people in the helicopters?"

We all nod. Darius turns to Kenji and lets him take the boat back to the dock. Once we were back at the dock we get off the boat and headed to the helicopter that landed whilst the other two fly somewhere else.

We approach the helicopter and a guy steps out "how long have you kids been out here?" He asked us getting Ben and getting him into the helicopter.

"Too long" says Sammy, getting into the helicopter.

"Way too long" Kenji added, getting himself settled into helicopter.

Suddenly the T-Rex appeared out of nowhere, scaring us. The helicopter suddenly lifts off the ground "wait!" The guy runs up to the helicopter but got eaten by the T-Rex. The helicopter flies away "no, wait!" Brooklynn calls out, but soon we started running from the T-Rex.