Chapter 5: Alone

-Gabriella's POV-

I wake up in my own bed feeling fresh and ready to start the new day, I climb down the ladder and was going to grab me clothes from my suitcase when I saw Ben was still asleep.

He looks so peaceful and calm... And... Cute. Do I have a crush on my friend? No, that'd be ridiculous.

I shake off my thoughts and proceeded to grab my clothes "m-morning Gabs" I hear a familiar voice say "morning Ben" I replied, then I noticed he was falling back to sleep. I giggle.

"Ben, it's time to get up"

"But I want to sleep"

"All right, have it your way sleeping beauty" I say, before taking my clothes and leaving the room.

When I returned to the room Ben was still asleep, I go to my bunk and grabbed my glasses and put them on my face before sitting on the edge of Ben's bed.

He looks so cute!

I give Ben a gentle kiss on the cheek before getting up and leaving the bedroom. I joined the other campers in the living room where they're having their breakfast.

"Good morning everyone" I say.

"Morning" replied Sammy.

I went and made myself some breakfast, I hear footsteps approaching me from behind so I turned around and standing there was Ben who was now dressed.

"I, err... I-I made you something" said Ben.

"Oh? What?"

He reaches into his fanny pack and takes out a flower necklace that he obviously made himself. "Oh my... Ben. It's--" he cuts me off. "H-horrible? I-I know, I-I just thought--" he said.

"It's not horrible. It's beautiful! And you made it for me"

"Y-you l-like it?"

"Of course I do, Ben. What I like about it is that you went out of your way to make it for me. And that's what makes it so special"

Ben starts to blush and looks away for a moment before looking back at me "d-do you want m-me to p-put it on you?" He asked. I nodded my head "I would like that very much" I say before turning around so he could place the necklace on me.

After he tied the ends into a knot I turn around to face him before looking down at my new necklace, I smile before looking up at him. "I love it!" I say before giving him a hug "thank you" I say as he hugged me back.

When we break away from the hug I noticed Ben's face was now bright red "y-you're welcome G-Gabriella" he says, he looks away as I think he's embarrassed.

"Awww" I hear Sammy say.

I look to my left and saw Sammy watching us while sitting next to Yasmina who was reading a book or drawing, I don't really know. "I... I'm gonna go and get some fresh air" I say before walking outside to the balcony with my breakfast in my hands.

-Ben's POV-

I think Gabby got embarrassed too because she walked away with her breakfast, after a moment I sit down on the couch and grabbed a piece of paper and some crayons before drawing a picture.

It was a picture of me, Bumpy, and Gabriella.

Darius comes out of his room, all excited for the new day, except Roxie and Dave are nowhere to be seen. "We can't go anywhere, Darius. The babysitters have left. They also left us a note" Kenji tells Darius.

Kenji hands Darius the note, and he reads it.

"Roxie translated it on the back"

Kenji tells Darius after he read Dave's version "[...] when will they get back?" Darius asked, Kenji shrugs his shoulders. "Don't know" Kenji replied.

-Gabriella's POV-

I was lost in my thoughts as I was looking up at the sky and finishing off my breakfast when I heard a loud roar, I quickly run back inside to see that everyone else was concerned.

"What was that?" Sammy asked.

"I don't know, but maybe we can see from the observation tower" said Darius.

"We can't go. Dave and Roxie told us to stay here" I hear Ben say.

Darius, Brooklynn, Sammy, and Yaz go to the lift "guys it's arts and crafts day" Ben says, Kenji jumps over the couch Ben was sitting on.

"You can stay here and continue drawing yourself with your dinosaur child and your girlfriend. But I'm gonna see a girl fight or a dinosaur, who knows, but I win" said Kenji.

"She's not my girlfriend!"

"He's not my boyfriend!"

Ben and I say at the same time "yeah, yeah. Keep telling yourselves that" said Kenji before entering the lift, I follow. "Fine! I'll just stay here and wait for who we're supposed to wait for" says Ben.

Seconds later.

"Guys wait! I wanna come too!"

Ben said before running over and entering the lift, he seemed scared. Ben stood next to me on my left and wrapped his arms around my left arm. The lift takes us down to the ground level before opening the door, we walk out and started heading into the direction of where the observation tower was.