Chapter 25: A Plan To Save Brooklynn

-Ben's POV-

The pilot of the helicopter flies the helicopter away from the T-Rex after it ate someone, leaving behind Darius, Yaz, Brooklynn, and Gabby. Sammy and Kenji argued with the pilot about going back and getting our friends, but me on the other hand?

All I want is to be with my girlfriend and make sure she's alright. That's if I still have one.

Suddenly my thoughts were cut off by Kenji and Sammy arguing with the pilot about going back for our friends. "The plan is to avoid friends" I hear the pilot say.

"Then you probably don't want to look out the window!" I say, after noticing we were surrounded by Pteranodons. The pilot, Kenji, and Sammy gasp. Then I had an idea.

"Draw the lights!" I tell the pilot.

"What? Are you crazy?" She asked.

"Pteranodons are attracted to the light!" Kenji says, backing me up.

"Trust me. I had up close experience with this kind of stuff. Real up close" I say to the pilot.

The pilot thinks about it for a moment before pressing a button and suddenly the lights turn off, the Pteranodons then leave us alone. "It worked! How long have you kids been out here?" She asked.

"Uhh, well... When did they evacuate Jurassic World?" Sammy asked.

"Uhh, I think about six months ago" the pilot replies.

"Six months!?"

"That long?"

"Hey, check us out" says Kenji.

"Look, I'm sorry I ever doubted you" the pilot says to us, turning to see us.

Suddenly she turns back around as a Brachiosaurus came into view, she gasped and turns the helicopter to the left really quickly. Causing the helicopter to spin out of control and crash.

The impact knocked us out. When I came around I jumped when I noticed we were in a tree, Kenji almost falls but Sammy catches him. I then see a vine hanging down in front of me so I tried to get it with my foot but it was too far away so I took off my seatbelt to try and make it easier for me to get the vine.

"Careful, Ben" I hear Sammy say to me.

I only just grabbed the vine with my foot when the helicopter moved down the tree a little, after it stopped moving I bring the vine up to me before grabbing it with both hands. Sammy and Kenji make their way over to me and I give them part of the vine to hold on to.

"Now all we have to do--" Kenji cuts me off.

"Don't say it"

"Jump" said Sammy.

The helicopter started to fall out of the tree "jump jump jump jump!" I say to Kenji and Sammy before all three of us jumped out of the helicopter, in time too as it fell out of the tree and crashed into the ground.

We climb down the vine, Kenji and I helped Sammy off the vine. Sammy hugs Kenji and says "gee I love it when we're alive!" Sammy also hugs me from behind.

Then Kenji mentions our friends being alive too, I leave Sammy "let's head to the boat. If they got away from the T-Rex that's where they'll be" I say as I walked away.

"Don't say if" replied Kenji, sadly.

-Gabriella's POV-

Darius, Yaz, and I ran as fast we could to get away from Doctor Wu and his helpers. We unfortunately had to leave Brooklynn with them, it's what she wanted because we have to keep the laptop away from Wu.

In my opinion, she could have just handed over the laptop to that guy who was holding on to her foot in the vent. Then we'll all be going home, hopefully. But then again Doctor Wu will probably make more hybrid dinosaurs so I guess it was a good idea after all to steal Wu's laptop.

The three of us run out of some bushes and stopped to catch our breath, well except Yaz. Darius and I were the ones that needed a break from all that running.

"[...] that's not true. Because they're here!" I hear Sammy's voice say.

I look over to my left and saw Kenji, Sammy, and Ben. We ran up to them and gave them a hug. "Wait, where's Brooklynn?" Kenji asked. Yaz, Darius, and I look at each other sadly before we told them what had happened.

"You left her with them?" Kenji asked, raising his voice.

"It's what Brooklynn wanted" replied Yaz.

"Just give them the stupid laptop! Plan on!" Kenji replied.

"It's not that easy. If we give the laptop back, who knows how many more hybrids he'll make" said Darius.

"We have no choice. We have to give Wu the laptop" says Ben.

Then Darius gets an idea.

"We will give Wu his laptop back, but after we copy and wipe it. We get to go home and Doctor Wu gets nothing"

"How are we supposed to copy and wipe it?" I asked.

"A flash drive! I've got one back at Camp Cretaceous" said Sammy.

"Then let's go" said Ben.

Yaz, Sammy, and I follow Ben back to camp as Darius talked to Kenji about the plan before following us. Once we got back to camp, I went with Sammy and Yaz.

The boys were on the ground discussing the plan to save Brooklynn. Sammy finds the flash drive that she was talking about before coming over and sitting down next to Yaz, Yaz plugs in the flash drive to the laptop and it starts copying.

"It's copying, y'all!" Sammy calls out.

"Reeeeaaally sloooowly!" Yaz added.

Kenji comes up the ladder and goes behind the couch that Yaz and Sammy were sitting on. After a few minutes Ben and Darius climb up the ladder and go upstairs to talk about the plan, or maybe something else? I don't know.

Kenji groans in annoyance before saying "come on!" I could tell he was getting impatient and just wanted Brooklynn safe. To be honest, at first I didn't like him because he was a complete jerk. But now he's becoming more of a good friend, he's like an older brother to me now.

"Uhh, Kenj? It's not going to go faster just because you tell it to" Sammy said to Kenji.

"They gave us two hours! How long has it been?" Kenji asked, frustrated.

"Thirty seconds since you last asked" Yaz tells Kenji.

On the corner of my eye on my right I see Darius and Ben walking down the steps "relax Kenji. The plan will work" Darius says, trying to assure him.

"Besides, I'm about to round up some help" said Ben.

"From who?" Yaz asked.

"The only dinosaur on the island we can trust" Ben replied, smiling.