Chapter 26: Power of Three

-Gabriella's POV-

"Besides, I'm about to round up some help" said Ben.

"From who?" Yaz asked.

"The only dinosaur on the island we can trust" he replies, smiling.

Ben climbs down the ladder and leaves through the gate. "Aren't you gonna go with him?" Darius asked me. "I'm pretty sure he can find Bumpy on his own" I replied. Darius looks at me, I look at the other three and they all shared the same look. I sigh "fine, I'm going" I climbed down the ladder and went into the jungle to go and look for Ben.

"Ben?" I call his name. No answer.

"Ben!" I try calling his name again but still no answer.

"Ben--"

I screamed when I heard something to my left, I turned my head to see it was Ben standing in the bushes. "Gabby?" Ben looked surprised to see me. We both stand there for a moment staring at each other.

"Hey" I say, feeling a little awkward.

Ben gets out of the bushes and walks over to me.

"I was acting like a jerk who didn't take your feelings into consideration before going through with my decision. I don't deserve your forgiveness"

"What you did hurt me all right. But I'll be a jerk if I don't forgive you, that's how my Dad raised me. He taught me to always forgive those who have done wrong by you because you're not going to be the better person if you repeat their actions" I say to him.

I sigh.

"Now, show me where Bumpy is" I tell him.

Ben smiles as he leads the way. We cut through some bushes and found Bumpy with a herd of Ankylosauruses, Ben and I walk over to where Bumpy was.

"Hey, Bumps..." Ben says, he goes up to Bumpy.

Bumpy looks up at him and she makes a noise "listen, we need your help to save Brooklynn" he says to her as if she can understand English. Ben turns his head and sees me standing there.

"You can come over"

I was actually in my own thoughts when he spoke to me, so I shook my head a little before replying "what?" I asked. Ben laughs before motioning me to come over.

"Oh! Sorry! I was just thinking about something" I say.

I kneel down beside him in front of Bumpy, I give Bumpy some pets before I noticed Ben was looking at me "what?" I turn my head so I can see his face.

"Oh nothing, just admiring the view" said Ben.

I smile at him before I turn my head so I'm looking at Bumpy.

Ben's still looking at me he then sighs, turning to look at Bumpy before petting her. After a while, Ben, Bumpy, her herd, and I headed to the location of where Doctor Wu's helicopter was said to be. And waited for our que. I went ahead of Bumpy and Ben before crouching down and watching from a distance.

Behind me I heard Ben laugh.

"Ready for one last ride old friend?" Ben asks, Bumpy makes a noise in response.

Hearing that made me realise. After we rescue Brooklynn we'll be leaving this place, it's bittersweet but I'm happy to finally be going home. But at the same time, I'm not ready because I'm gonna have to say goodbye to Ben.

"Uhh, Ben?"

"What?"

"I thought Darius was making the exchange?" I asked after noticing it was Kenji doing the exchange.

"He was. Guess the plan's changed"

I get up and turned around to see Ben on Bumpy's back "please be careful" I say to Ben, he looks at me sadly before replying. "You're not coming?" I shake my head no "I think this should just be you and Bumpy, since it's going to be your last ride together. I'll meet up with the others" I tell him.

Bumpy makes a noise, I smile.

"Have fun you two"

I was going to walk away when I heard footsteps following me, I turn around and saw it was Bumpy and Ben. I look up at Ben and he had no idea why Bumpy decided to follow me.

"Maybe she wants you to join?" Ben thought.

"Bumpy, do you want me to go with you and Ben?"

Bumpy walks right up to me and pushes her face into me, making me laugh.

"Alright, I'm coming. But it's only because you asked nicely" I say to Bumpy.

I go to the side of Bumpy before getting up and sitting on her back behind Ben. I wrap my arms around Ben before the three of us joined Bumpy's herd as they ran down the hill.